Got the guts, now what to fly?

DavesterT

Hey I have some guts(motor,esc,servos) out of a flyzone Cessna 182. They are a 30-16-1400kV brushless outrunner motor, 18A ESC & micro servos. Which plans (preferably flitetest) would fit my electronics I have. Should I make a power pod pack out of this or what? Btw I have 3s 2200 and 3s 800 or I could get some new batteries. Also my flying field is not the biggest so preferably something smallish and not super fast but some speed is ok. Any suggestions are welcome. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Either the original F-22 or the FT-22 would probably fit them well. also any of the new warbird swappables would probably work as well.

DavesterT

So like the spitfire? Which one do you suggest i.e. Which one flies the best and is durable ect. also I'm interested in the bloody wonder. Would that one work too?

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Either the mustang or the spitfire. The spitfire is easier to fly, but the mustang does more of everything.
The BW would be heavy, but still flyable.

DavesterT

According to the website I would be on the light side of electronics for the warbirds,ft22 and the bw. Do you think my set up will be user powered?

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The BW would be fine -- it can usually fly pretty light on power, but a bit more weight and power don't bother it any (it just flies faster).

Hard to say what power is available from this little guy w/o a wattmeter and a scale, It might be a little light for the spit or P-51. It should work, but I'd build light and skip the landing gear -- the extra drag really saps energy.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
According to the website I would be on the light side of electronics for the warbirds,ft22 and the bw. Do you think my set up will be over powered?

Oh DUH! I thought you had a 30 36 motor!
Sorry, yes, the BW and FT-22 would work great.

DavesterT

Yeah sorry I just copied the specs from flyzone. Well thank you everyone for your responses. I think I will go with the ft22! You guys helped out a lot. One more thing. Do you think the suggested 1000mah battery is enough or should I get a bigger batt.?

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
In my experience the FT-22 loves a 2200 mah battery for precise aerobatics, I used to do inverted passes at 6-8" off the deck with a 2200 and 2826 2200kv motor.