Guinea Pig Gear

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has done gear mods on their FT Guinea Pig? I don’t really like how the landing gear is set up and I am looking for a new design. Thanks, Dylan.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
This is how I do the landing gear on all of my planes. I use tongue depressers inside & outside of the fuse, then zip tie the gear on. If I have a rough landing the zip ties break away. It's an easy fix.
20230905_155725.jpg

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has done gear mods on their FT Guinea Pig? I don’t really like how the landing gear is set up and I am looking for a new design. Thanks, Dylan.
What don't you like, and what properties are you looking for instead? Is this a "I'll know it when I see it" kind of question?

What don't you like, and what properties are you looking for instead? Is this a "I'll know it when I see it" kind of question?
Today I broke the front nose wheel assembly because it’s just foam board holding it in, so I would like something simple and much stronger. I think the back wheel are okay for now.

Foamforce

Today I broke the front nose wheel assembly because it’s just foam board holding it in, so I would like something simple and much stronger. I think the back wheel are okay for now.

You had the paint stick reinforcement in there didn’t you?