Having fun with my ST Salto

Bjarnek

This is a great plane that you can play and have fun with or you can be soaring a long time with some thermals. Small and lightweight model that fits beginners and advanced pilots.

Filmed from the ground and onboard camera.

Feel free to subscribe for future videos to my Youtube channel ...... ;)

Hope you like the video.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice flight as always mate. That this scoots around pretty good. How is it for the gliding aspects of it? JimCR120 has gotten onto gliders and I will point him to this video. Not sure if he is aware of this model or not.

Bjarnek

Nice flight as always mate. That this scoots around pretty good. How is it for the gliding aspects of it? JimCR120 has gotten onto gliders and I will point him to this video. Not sure if he is aware of this model or not.

It's a perfect glider. Did a 19 min flight and I used the engine for just 2min. Rest of the flying was done with thermals, but I could have flown much longer. I had to abort the flight after 19min and force it down and land due to that we had an appointment that we had to go to.

So it's a perfect glider and at the same time a fun model to just rip around and have a blast with........ ;)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Bjarne, once again I see you are doing what I want to be doing but this time I already have the plane, my friend. Well, I do need to glue it back together. I have the RocHobby V-Tail 2200mm. Pretty sweet so far. I want to try out crab braking and probably install some standard aircraft type lighting, and get some FPV gear onboard.

That ST Salto, is that the same as the HottFan? It looks super similar.

Bjarnek

Bjarne, once again I see you are doing what I want to be doing but this time I already have the plane, my friend. Well, I do need to glue it back together. I have the RocHobby V-Tail 2200mm. Pretty sweet so far. I want to try out crab braking and probably install some standard aircraft type lighting, and get some FPV gear onboard.

That ST Salto, is that the same as the HottFan? It looks super similar.

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been quite busy lately with a big meeting with well over 50 pilotes.......;)

Sounds like you have a great plane there, I can't get my Salto to crab. The V-tail mix gives me to little rudder, but I'm probably going to mix in some crow/flaperons to help with braking during landing.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm sorry. I meant crow, not crab. I want it for slower landings too. What are you using for a transmitter?