Hello All , I'm new Guy named as FlyHigh .

Flyhigh2077

All , my name is Flyhigh in this aviation field who recently started flying RC planes as a hobby . I have desire to fly my rc plane .
I was stuck up at one point while setting up and noticed the below points and need suggestions to prevent fire :

1. While testing to spin the motor , i have followed the UBEC/SBEC . In this method , the method is spinning but the ESC is
getting heated up . Only few times after testing to spin the motor the ESC is heated and i wonder if the motor is started to
while flying practice , it may be blow at the end . please provide suggestion and here are the specs of ESC , motor , receiver ,
battery .
Battery : 2200mAh (3 Cell battery bonka)
ESC : 30A
Motor : A2212 , 1000kv
please suggest a good way how to reduce the heat .

2. Secondly , i do not know how to store the capacity of the battery and what are the different methods of storing during discharge to extend the life of
battery . Also how to use the battery checker , basically the end to end info about battery life in RC models or explain any good methods .

BradDH

Hi and welcome to the forums!
For the heat on the motor and esc, that is pretty normal, the components almost always get WARM. If you can still touch them and not burn your fingers, then dont worry about it. I have used that exact setup and my esc is always warm, but that isnt a problem.

Bricks

Master member
Welcome to the forums (y). What size prop are you using as too large of a prop can cause series overheat and burn things up.

Flyhigh2077

Hello all , thanks for getting back . I haven't installed any prop first . Just checking the direction of spin .

Flyhigh2077

2. Secondly , i do not know how to store the capacity of the battery and what are the different methods of storing during discharge to extend the life of
battery . Also how to use the battery checker , basically the end to end info about battery life in RC models or explain any good methods .

please answer this question .

Bricks

Master member

please answer this question .

What do you have for a battery charger? What battery checker do you have, most you plug in the balance lead to check voltage.

Flyhigh2077

What do you have for a battery charger? What battery checker do you have, most you plug in the balance lead to check voltage.
I have B3 iMAX charger to recharge/charge the battery . i understand the nominal voltage of the battery would be 3.3V , so does that mean when ever the battery discharges the voltage to 3.3V , i should stop the usage and then recharge it ?

Bricks

Master member
I have B3 iMAX charger to recharge/charge the battery . i understand the nominal voltage of the battery would be 3.3V , so does that mean when ever the battery discharges the voltage to 3.3V , i should stop the usage and then recharge it ?

Yes if you want longevity from your batteries, as LIPOS do not like be taken down too to low on voltage.

Flyhigh2077

Thanks for getting back everybody . Also have another question , i have my ESC , Motor and servos only. I still wonder how the
plane move forward ? do we need to manually push them ? i have control surfaces like rudder , elevator , wings ON with the TX & RX . they work when the plane is static but when movement is required what should be performed .

Flyhigh2077

Ok i finally had a move but there is a small difficulty. how to set the propeller , how to choose a propeller ? I chose a prop where on high thrust the screws attached are kicked out by prop . please suggest .