• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Hello, and first model advice please!

Good job on the scratch build!

I got a FlySky i6x from Amazon, initially for my Tanks, but it works perfectly for aircraft too, 25 model memory is handy, but fills supprisingly fast :eek:

Amazon is the place for the RX also, around £11-12 each fro the 6ch, £17 for the 10.

Its a simple mod to make the TX a 10 channel, and although you will initially think you wont need them for a while, by the time you have added a buddy switch(if needed) a rate switch, an engine kill switch and a 3 position flap on that next next next model, you will be glad you did!

I have just finished a simple scout speedbuild kit, really pleased with it, but struggling to get it painted...

Have fun!

Where in the UK are you?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Good job on the scratch build!

I got a FlySky i6x from Amazon, initially for my Tanks, but it works perfectly for aircraft too, 25 model memory is handy, but fills supprisingly fast :eek:

Amazon is the place for the RX also, around £11-12 each fro the 6ch, £17 for the 10.

Its a simple mod to make the TX a 10 channel, and although you will initially think you wont need them for a while, by the time you have added a buddy switch(if needed) a rate switch, an engine kill switch and a 3 position flap on that next next next model, you will be glad you did!

I have just finished a simple scout speedbuild kit, really pleased with it, but struggling to get it painted...

Have fun!

Where in the UK are you?
That's one reason why I like the newer Spektrum radios - 250 model capacity. :) I think I've got 30 or so in mine, mainly from simulators for my computer, my dad's computer, and copying some of his planes over to my radio so that I can fly them if he's flying something else, or to buddy box with him.

FDS

The right tools like a good length steel rule and a very sharp knife that you can replace the blades on often (I switch mine every sheet or two) plus some good old fashioned practice will help cutting out skills.
I like the convenience of having all the parts ready in the speed build kit and here it’s easier to buy them than light foamboard.