Hello everybody

Resolution

Hi,

I am very new to the hobby and RC in general but have had an awesome time building, flying and mostly crashing with my son. We bought a mini timber and have been having a ton of fun learning. However, I havent had as much luck with some of the FT builds. I know I still have much to learn and was hoping to start that here. I think my build(s) are good but it's the control side where I am having issues. For FT builds, is there a recommended expo and rates we should be starting with? Apologies if this was already asked. I have searched threads and forums without luck.

In addition, is there any reason there arent many B-1 builds out there? I know i wont be much of a B-1 pilot but have always been enamored with the aircraft and I am not looking to build and fly a B-1 soon but was curious if it was something feasible. I understand anything is possible but havent seen much in the way of B-1 builds in all my searches.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Hi,

I am very new to the hobby and RC in general but have had an awesome time building, flying and mostly crashing with my son. We bought a mini timber and have been having a ton of fun learning. However, I havent had as much luck with some of the FT builds. I know I still have much to learn and was hoping to start that here. I think my build(s) are good but it's the control side where I am having issues. For FT builds, is there a recommended expo and rates we should be starting with? Apologies if this was already asked. I have searched threads and forums without luck.

In addition, is there any reason there arent many B-1 builds out there? I know i wont be much of a B-1 pilot but have always been enamored with the aircraft and I am not looking to build and fly a B-1 soon but was curious if it was something feasible. I understand anything is possible but havent seen much in the way of B-1 builds in all my searches.
Do you mean the b1 lancer?

Timmy

Legendary member
Hello Usually on the spec sheet or on the store if you scroll down a bit, it tells you throws and expo. Most of the time its 30% expo and ~ 12 degrees throw but the throw is diffident for every plane. And use the throw gauge too. It shows you how to use it in the build video.

Also welcome to the hobby ann forums!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
I agree with Timmy, there is a throw gauge on the plans. Expo is a mater of personal choice, some like a lot, others none. I like 30-40% depending on the plane.