struggles with finding a place to fly my rc plane

dziugaskrs

I am having a difficult time finding a place to fly my rc plane in Stavanger, Norway. There is a rc club further south but it is too far, over a 30 minute drive and don't have my own car because i am underage, so that's 2 problems, and there is a airport nearby. Stavanger has bad weather, a little too much bad weather so i am mostly only able to fly in the summer time, but there comes another problem. I have found a spot but in the summer the owner closes it from the public because he uses the land for sheep. So i have absolutely no idea where i fly.

EDIT: The farm field has been closed from the public by the municipality because a nearly extinct bird just decided to live on that field. So now it is even a bigger struggle

Last edited:

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I am having a difficult time finding a place to fly my rc plane in Stavanger, Norway. There is a rc club further south but it is too far, over a 30 minute drive and don't have my own car because i am underage, so that's 2 problems, and there is a airport nearby. Stavanger has bad weather, a little too much bad weather so i am mostly only able to fly in the summer time, but there comes another problem. I have found a spot but in the summer the owner closes it from the public because he uses the land for sheep. So i have absolutely no idea where i fly.
You might try going to the farmer and taking a plane with you and ask his permission to fly with his sheep. The worst he can do is say no. You might even be able to teach him to fly. If you do get permission to fly in his sheep field make sure that you wipe your feet before going inside your house. :ROFLMAO:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
+1 on wiping you feet, also look out for the ram, they tend to sneak up from behind. At least you will not need to worry about keeping the grass mowed.

Any public parks & practice fields near by? I have found them a great place to fly.

L Edge

Master member
How about your school?
Could you approach the school master and see if it is possible to use the soccer fields when not scheduled and better yet, see if you could start a aviation club during/after school so you would have some flying buddies? Then address using the fields during the summer.

dziugaskrs

+1 on wiping you feet, also look out for the ram, they tend to sneak up from behind. At least you will not need to worry about keeping the grass mowed.

Any public parks & practice fields near by? I have found them a great place to fly.
not in my city, there are a few public parks but with my eflite twin otter 1.2 meter i think i will struggle finding one that is not packed

dziugaskrs

How about your school?
Could you approach the school master and see if it is possible to use the soccer fields when not scheduled and better yet, see if you could start a aviation club during/after school so you would have some flying buddies? Then address using the fields during the summer.
I wish, the field is nearly always used on weekends and free time, very hard to find places in stavanger