Hello everyone!

BigDaddy13

Welcome to the forums @BigDaddy13 ! What all do you fly?

Hi there!

I am a plane guy moving into drone flight, but my main plane is a electric powered MiG-3 warbird model. She has a 70” wingspan , home built from balsa and fiberglass. Others have been P-51D and P51B models, and a Waco biplane circus racer, I am now moving into drone flight. I bought a toy entry camera brushless drone gps , camera, etc. got it for a great $70 price shipped. The GW198 from China of course. But hey to learn and the features it has can’t loose at $70...... thank you for the warm welcome....

Attachments

• 3C0AEAD4-43DD-41F0-8118-1BE906C33311.jpeg
    3C0AEAD4-43DD-41F0-8118-1BE906C33311.jpeg
    859.8 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hi there!

I am a plane guy moving into drone flight, but my main plane is a electric powered MiG-3 warbird model. She has a 70” wingspan , home built from balsa and fiberglass. Others have been P-51D and P51B models, and a Waco biplane circus racer, I am now moving into drone flight. I bought a toy entry camera brushless drone gps , camera, etc. got it for a great $70 price shipped. The GW198 from China of course. But hey to learn and the features it has can’t loose at $70...... thank you for the warm welcome....
That’s awesome!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hello and welcome to the forums. Seems you have some impressive warbirds. I am guessing you have been flying fixed wing for awhile and are looking to expand the flight horizons. Whats your goal with the drones? Racing, FPV, Cinema?

BigDaddy13

Well, drones I am mainly wanting to learn just to know another field of flight. But having a FPV would be neat. And well later racing. But for now just expanding flight knowledge is the gain. And it’s a bit easier to fly a drone in the winter where I live haha..

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Well, drones I am mainly wanting to learn just to know another field of flight. But having a FPV would be neat. And well later racing. But for now just expanding flight knowledge is the gain. And it’s a bit easier to fly a drone in the winter where I live haha..
Where is home?

I would like to get into drones for the footage they take, mostly to film my fixed wings flying, but there are so many other benefits that direction. The FPV thing is something I have considered as well. Still a little early on the fixed wing side to allocate hobby cash to drones and planes, and I am not ready to drop fixed wing yet. So it will be a slow process for now.

The racing side is intriguing...

BigDaddy13

Oh I live in east Idaho , and it’s getting cold! But hopefully doesn’t snow too much this year. Another reason I am learning drones. If it snows too much, I can just pop out the drone and go. Versus skis and such on my planes haha....