Hello from Barrie 😁

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
Hi, I'm totally new, I managed to build a scout, and crash it several times, and now I've built the dr1, but it won't move! I've got 2s 800mah batteries, and a 1750kv motor. Any prop suggestions? I'm going to try a 7030. Because that's what's showing up in my mail this week. Here is my son stress testing my dr1! Somehow it survived!

Attachments

• IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey at that age be glad he wasn't TASTE testing the plane. Droolie wings tend to warp easily. That is an awesome pic for the FT family album. I am not up on plane configurations but I will assume that someone who is will come shortly and ask for your whole set up specs including ESC and possibly radio set up to better help you as that would be a question I would ask to help people with quads to get the whole picture..

Welcome to Flite Test!

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
I've learned a lot about motors and batteries in the past couple weeks. �� I've got the right size motors and 3s batteries coming. Soon I will be airborne.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sweet!! Make sure we get more pics and if possible video of the maiden. FT forums run off the videos.

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
My pile of planes keeps growing!! Not pictured is my first Scout it's barely a fuselage now since my toddler has been using it as a chuck glider, and my current build the se5 biplane I was almost late for work because I decided to glue the tail on today! IMG_1951.JPG Happy Flying

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That is when you KNOW you caught the addiction.. Uhh sorry boss I was late. Parallel charging took me a few minutes longer this morning and disconnecting and packing up eight batteries to fly at lunch takes time. By the way.. would there be a problem using the North parking lot for a runway at lunch? Everyone will be out so its cool with me if your ok with it.