HELP: buy a new one or upgrade an old one

BankNYank!

Mentor
I'm a little confused by this question since that's what we've been talking about in this thread. I think if you read the comments on this thread from your op to here you should find your answer. Or are you asking for a parts list?

To take your question simply as stated I would have to answer with, the best quad for aerial video would be the one you build from scratch. The one that you research the parts for. Feel free to ask questions here. We are all more than willing to help you on your endeavor!

This may not seem to be the answer your looking for but it's the honest truth. There's no cut and dry list of parts that any of us can give that is going to make your quad perform exactly the way you want. I can give you a parts list based on my experience and what I like and someone else will come along and give you a whole different list. If your looking for a parts list the best thing you can do is keep going in the direction you have pointed this thread. Keep asking questions and come up with your own list based on your research and the input from everyone here on this awesome forum!

If your question is what rtf quad is best then I don't have an answer other than I have owned rtf quads and don't like them. I prefer the ones I build myself.

I hope I don't sound rude. I'm just being truthful. You have an idea as far as what you want and everyone here including myself are more than happy to help you achieve that goal in any way we can! ;)