[Help!] Major problems reverting CC3D back to OpenPilot

NLightNme

Hey guys,

I've been getting defeated by the software on some CC3Ds. I'm trying to set up some quads for my friends, and I'm running in to tons of strange problems.

They are eachine racer 250's from bangood, so pretty basic hardware. I had a massive fiasco trying to go from openpilot to betaflight (thread here), and now am just trying to get it working again on openpilot. Everything was working fine 2 days ago, but now I can't seem to get it working.

My current problem is that the ESCs or motors are misbehaving. With betaflight, cleanflight, and now openpilot - they don't seem to fully calibrate (beeping is a strange pattern that doesn't stop). Also, when testing the quad, I will raise throttle to about 10%, and 1 or 2 of the motors (not on the same side) will slowly start to increase throttle consistently. It is doing this in rate mode without the propellers on.

Things to rule out:
- My wiring is correct
- Everything was working 2 days ago, all thats changed is flashing software to cc3d
-I installed the version 4 bootloader on to the cc3d
-ppm properly configured
- Correct throttle max/min from both the software and the tx
- I've re-flashed, re-configured, and re-booted everything 1000 times

I'm really at my wits end with this one - I've run in to so many problems and now I can't even revert back to the original working software. It also doesn't help that I have now rendered 2 of my friends' new quads unflyable.

Do any of you have any tips for non-obvious things to check here? The only thing I have not done/checked is the software on the ESCs (supposedly pre-flashed with simonk) - but as they have not been tampered with since working 2 days ago, I can't see how the esc firmware/settings would be the source of a new problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated

luketheduke

Did you resolve this issue? I'm working on changing the firmware on my Racer 250 and want to be sure I won't brick it...