Help me? Chronicals of a guy who can't fly very well...

xunedeinx

46"x5.5"=253insq
253/144=1.76ftsq
14.46oz/1.76sqft=8.26oz/ft2

Standard TT with recommended setup is:
38x5.5=209insq
209insq/144=1.45ftsq
(seems normal weight is around 310-360g so...335g?)
11.82oz/1.45ftsq=8.15oz/ftsq

So... Technically I have the same wing loading as a stock TT.

Mines 8.26oz/ft2, stock is an average of 8.15oz/ftsq.

Jeeper

Nice! No go give it hell!!! I got my TT and Mini Scout quick build kits and my Power Pack in the mail Thursday. Hopefully I'll get the TT built and ready to maiden in the next couple of days.

xunedeinx

Well maiden went well thabks to all yall help! Flew 8 min and landed on timer. Still had 7.7v. Did another 8 min and on landing dipped the wing, somersaulted, and broke my tail off, again. Haha.

The 2s is great, not too much power and great climb rate. The 2306 and 6045bn wasnt too fast or slow. Motor didnt get more than slightly warm. Damage pics in a few!

Last edited:

xunedeinx

Yup! Flew amazing! My piloting still leaves a lot on the table though.

Heres the pics. You can see the lake scum where it dipped...
20180701_183257.jpg
20180701_183318.jpg

Namactual

Elite member
For that build I would just double up a layer of foam on the inside or outside of the broken area. You don't want to get too crazy with reinforcement material back there that far off of the CG, but a few extra inches of foam should be fine.

Just cut it clean and make a sleeve of foam that you can slide into place and glue. You will be good to go!

Edit: maybe even wrap the new joint in packing tape when done.

Jeeper

Nice job Xune! Now fix that and get back out there!!! Fly it until you can get it out of any conceivable bad position/orientation and you'll be off and running!!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Congratulations! Also you really upset me with your maiden:eek:! It took me six months before I could fly for 8 minutes without hitting something,:(!

Well done and welcome to the club. Fix and repeat!

Now what plane is to be next?

Have fun!

xunedeinx

Thank you guys! Probably tonight I'll start construction of the AP Eazy. Ill most likely either use or duplicate my TT wing for it. Looks like a pusher TT, so hoping it'll fly just as nice, just with the prop out of the way!