Help needed with ParkZone T-28 Trojan

SkyEye

Thank you for being patient with my Trojan questions :)

I'm intimidated to fly my Trojan for the first time (I'm stalling a lot, making up excuses). The main problem I'm having is that I'm unsure if I wired things correctly. The BNF does not say how to connect everything to the receiver.

Also, when I apply right or left aileron, it makes this grinding noise like it's about to blow up in my face (sorry for the exaggeration).

Lastly, I was using a ruler to measure throws and dual rates. Ailerons were at 10mm on high rates, and 5mm on low rates. Is this normal?

All of this worries me. I suppose many can relate to the fear of flying their first four channel plane. In my view, anything that can go wrong, will. Please share your knowledge, thanks to all!

Flarre80414

Hello, you made a great choice in an airplane this one is great! The throws should be correct when you set it up the first time and as far as plugging things in, unless you unplugged anything the plugs should be in the correct place out of the box. And the grinding noise could be a servo that is rubbing against something. If not then may just be a bad servo which they are cheap and easy to replace.

Hope this helped and have fun with this amazing airplane,
-Ryan

SkyEye

Thanks Flarre, I haven't flown it yet but it is a great plain. (Or so they tell me). All of the control surfaces move like they should and I consulted with the "High Five method"for help with this and it does work. But about the aileron servos. By your words and tone in your reply to my problem I'm assuming you also have a T-28, please tell me how it sounds when you pull full left or right aileron.

I have to go but I'll be back

SkyEye

Ok, here is my theory on my aileron servos. When I cycle the servos by hand to their farthest extent, I hear no clicking noises of broken teeth or gear issues. But when I power it on and pull full left or right aileron, it does not go to it's full extent. Should I be worried or proceed with my maiden?

How different do the aileron servos sound than the servos for the tail surfaces? Serovs do make a little noise, but if it is "grinding", it's not good. Any chance you can post a quick video?

SkyEye

Oh, sorry I don't know how to post a video, but let me thoroughly explain it.

When I power everything up and uses my radio to apply full left or right/up and down elevator/ rudder, I hear the normal sound of the servo moving then it goes silent.

But when I apply full left or right aileron, I hear the normal servo sound, then a repeating sound similar to the normal servos sound, that is constant until I let go of the controls. (It is much better in low rates).