Help power question

Zeligman

Hi all just finishing a -'mini' bronco (66%). Running two power pack 'a' motors (Flite Test "Radial" 1806 2280kV Brushless Motor)

A nd while I have watched the info video on power I haven't quite absorbed it... Soooo...

Will they work with a Gens Ace 3S LiPo Battery 25C (11.1V/2200mAh). WWith 2 20 Amp esc's

Tyvm!

-z

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
It will depend on what props you put on. the A pack motor will work on a 3S battery just fine. the 20 amp ESC has been more then enought for that motor for me. I did find that on 3S with a 6x4.5 prop, the motor got really hot (even deformed a 3D printed firewall), so I would stick to 6x3 props for the 3S battery. Make sure you have one rotating clockwise and one counter-clockwise with the appropriate props for torque balancing.

That battery is rated for 25C and is 2200mAh -> so is rated for over 50A draw, which is greater then 20A*2 (max of the ESCs) and well more then the motors could take without burning up.

one thing to be careful of is that if your ESCs have BECs in them, you need to disconnect one of the BEC wires from going back to your reciever or do something so that the BECs aren't connected to each other (so they don't fight/cause conflicts with each other).

Zeligman

It will depend on what props you put on. the A pack motor will work on a 3S battery just fine. the 20 amp ESC has been more then enought for that motor for me. I did find that on 3S with a 6x4.5 prop, the motor got really hot (even deformed a 3D printed firewall), so I would stick to 6x3 props for the 3S battery. Make sure you have one rotating clockwise and one counter-clockwise with the appropriate props for torque balancing.

That battery is rated for 25C and is 2200mAh -> so is rated for over 50A draw, which is greater then 20A*2 (max of the ESCs) and well more then the motors could take without burning up.

one thing to be careful of is that if your ESCs have BECs in them, you need to disconnect one of the BEC wires from going back to your reciever or do something so that the BECs aren't connected to each other (so they don't fight/cause conflicts with each other).
Uhhh. Now you lost me with the esc info.... I know about motor direction and prop size.... How do I know if my esc's have built in bec's? (I found a YouTube video on how to disable it but I don't know if they are there...

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Do you need an external BEC to run your receiver and servos? if not, there is one in your ESC.

Zeligman

No no extenal ok ill pull tge lead in one (actually i have a couple of super short cheap extensions so I don't have to ruin the esc) . Does it matter which one i disable if im running dual motor plane? Tyvm!

-Z