HELP! Quad-rotor wont takeoff!

cschroed

i am running a Naze32 board and its not an issue of enough power, its an issue of the accelerometer or something isnt working properly! all the control inputs are correct, but when i hold the quad rotor and tilt it forwards, it uses the rudder correction, and whenever i turn it like i would with the rudder it corrects by acting like it was pitching. i am lost on what to do, when i just use the remote then its fine but it cant lift off because it flips itself over immediately.

im using clean flight with the latest stable naze

Is anyone else having this issue?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
cschroed,

Good chance the board "orientation" is off -- my guess is 90 degrees in Roll (and I take it roll is unaffected?).

Could also be an issue in the motor layout.

Have you changed any of the angles in config tab? Have any pics?

cschroed

All the motors are spinning the right way and the board is facing the right way, the arrow is pointed at the front of the quad. and no angles have been changed in the config tab.

also, in the setup tab, it acts the way it should, just not when its being used.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Any pics?

From your symptoms, the board thinks it's pointing the wrong way. Again motor mapping can do this as well -- spinning up the wrong motor thinking it's somewhere else.

Insta-flip is fixable, but it takes a bit more information for us to sort what looks right from what is right.

cschroed

20160722_142453.jpg 20160722_142444.jpg

the first is wiring the second is the arrow

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Instaflip is most often caused by an incorrectly mapped motor.

The Naze has a set position of motors for a quad and specific pins you need to use. The ESC for motor 1 needs to be connected to pin M1 on the Naze. The ESC for motor 2 needs to be connected to pin M2 on the Naze etc...

If you get two of these swapped....instaflip.

Check for that first. Then, double check it. This is a very common problem. :)

If your motors are connected correctly there are still other things that can cause this. Reversed channels on your transmitter can do this too.

Your symptoms may indicate more than one problem, so be patient.

Like Dan says, instaflip is fixable, it just takes a little digging.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
thanks, that's a fair point to start.

Are you only using zip-ties to secure the board to the airframe? If so, the ever-so-slight wiggle between the board and the frame (which the zip-ties won't prevent) can produce . . . unfavorable results. If you haven't, a large piece of foam mounting tape will work wonders.

Beyond that all I can make out is M1 appears to move to the rear right motor . . . maybe. can't trace the others at all, but I take it from the pic the top deck is getting in the way somewhat.