Hey Guys. Trying to resurrect nighthawk pro 280?

amd7000

I've spent ages trying to flash the drone with cleanflight/beta flight today with old firmware but the thing doesn't want to work properly. It uses a skyline32 board (naze32), yes old and useless. It wont connect to my transmitter unless im connected to the pc and the motors seem to be half speed?
Can I just fit a new F4 aio board and it will work properly again?

Sorry i'm a noob!

Thanks Andy

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
Replacing the old flight controller with a newer one should work, provided everything involved is compatible.
Someone with more experience will be able to give you better advice. @PsyBorg @Bricks

Corsair714

I've spent ages trying to flash the drone with cleanflight/beta flight today with old firmware but the thing doesn't want to work properly. It uses a skyline32 board (naze32), yes old and useless. It wont connect to my transmitter unless im connected to the pc and the motors seem to be half speed?
Can I just fit a new F4 aio board and it will work properly again?

Sorry i'm a noob!

Thanks Andy
Yes, you can replace it with a new all in one. What amp rating are the escs rn? This is a great stack with 40 amp esc's for pretty cheap. This is the esc and Flight controller.

http://www.banggood.com/MAMBA-F405-...cing-Brushless-ESC-30_5x30_5mm-p-1345001.html

amd7000

Apologies for not introducing myself properly, I was in a rush before dinner😆🍻 will do soon. 👍

Thanks for the advice. I bought the f405 mini mk2 yesterday as the original escs were only 12a on the night hawk and I'm a cheap bastard! I just thought I wanted to get it back in the air as cheaply as possible, but now I'm getting the bug again and thinking bigger in the future. The next thing to upgrade is the transmitter as the one that came with the quad is pants by today's standards. But for now, I'm going to have some fun soldering the cheap FC and see where that takes me. I've made synths, CNC routers, wind turbines etc so will be nice to learn more about quads. I have too many hobbies.😵