Hey guys

cantfly

Hey guys..

Just want to say how happy I am to join this forum, hope I can gather valuable information from you guys and also may give contribution as well.

Don't know if this the right place to write this, but I'd like to say thank you to FliteTest team for your awesome job and become a blessing for me especially, can't stop to watch all of your videos. Keep up the good work.

A short story about how I get in to the hobby. I have been fascinated with aviation since I was 4 year old. As a child, I always dream to become a pilot but never had a chance to get into the course (in my time, access to the course are limited in my country) so I took different path and took mechanical engineering. When I got my first job, I saw this in my office, a 2m wingspan glow engine plane sitting on top of a book drawer, it was my boss' plane.
As I asked about it to my boss, suddenly he offered me to have it and re-build it so I can get into the hobby. Without any hesitation I took it home. I hung it to my ceiling and wait for my moment, years later, its still dangling in my ceiling :eek:
Until I got a new job with good earning, I start to re-build it, put servos, service the engine, bought TX-RX from Hobbyking (I bought the most affordable one :p). When I felt it ready to get it into the sky, I went to a club in my home town and met this guy who suppose to be my trainer and test my plane for the first time. Yet, he refused to fly my plane due to safety reason because I use cheap TX-RX :black_eyed: He also boasting about his "million dollar" gear. Whatever :rolleyes:. So I packed up and left, and never come back.

In September 2015, my family and I moved to Australia. Struggling to adapt with "new live" and find a good job, never had time to get into the hobby. Until 2 months ago, after everything start to settle, I join a club near I reside. The member are so nice and welcomed me. They suggest me to buy a trainer plane, because what I have was a warbird, not good for beginner like me :p.
To safe some money, I decided build my own trainer. Lucky, in the process of my research, I found FliteTest. I watch their building video and it got me inspired. After I got the right model for my trainer plane, I rushed my self to the store to by core foam sheet. Then I followed the FliteTest building technic, specially in making wing and A/B folding. After finish my plane, I took it to the club. Many of the member got interested and asking questions. One of the trainer, so humble and willing to take my plane to a test. Got me nervous, but when my plane start to flew and climbed, I was overwhelmed with joy. The test pilot said it was easy to fly, just need to improve the CG and put more efficient prop.

As for now I found my self, that is not flying a plane is my biggest passion, but to build something that can fly is my biggest passion. Right now i'm in the middle of my second project, still by choosing whatever model that I found interesting in the web, and follow FliteTest technic. I might update you guys with the result.

thanks Again for letting me join to this forum. Wish all the best for you guys.. cheers

attached picture. do not hesitate if you guys have comment

IMG_6230.JPG IMG_6231.JPG IMG_6232.JPG IMG_6229.JPG

Below is the video link

This is my second project

Attachments

• IMG_6562.JPG
    IMG_6562.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Beautiful builds there man. Got any video of them in the air?

How many channels are they?

Welcome to the FliteTest forums. :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to the forums mate. Great story too. Sadly that whole "Must have museum quality aircraft" thing with clubs is rampant and gets REALLY annoying. Its almost to the point I cant wait for the old geezers to die off so the rest of us can fly in peace with friends.

Those two planes look great considering they are your first attempts. There are a few folds on that OV 10 style plane you did really good with. I think you will be writing articles here and telling us how to do things shortly. Keep up the good work.

Oh and I second the need for videos. That is what this forum runs on so the more we make the bigger this all gets.

cantfly

Welcome to the forums mate. Great story too. Sadly that whole "Must have museum quality aircraft" thing with clubs is rampant and gets REALLY annoying. Its almost to the point I cant wait for the old geezers to die off so the rest of us can fly in peace with friends.

Hahaha might take a while :D

just add a video link and thanks for the warm welcome. cheers mate

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Loved the video.

It looks like a sweet 4 channel trainer with that takeoff and landing. Seems to like to soar.

I also loved the sound of that EDF jet that blew by during your landing. :)

Did you build the double boom from plans? I suspect folks will be asking for them. You have built a different looking Tiny Trainer.

I also note the P51 in the background. What's up with the warbird? :)

cantfly

Loved the video.

It looks like a sweet 4 channel trainer with that takeoff and landing. Seems to like to soar.

I also loved the sound of that EDF jet that blew by during your landing. :)

Did you build the double boom from plans? I suspect folks will be asking for them. You have built a different looking Tiny Trainer.

I also note the P51 in the background. What's up with the warbird? :)

Thanks! man!

Shameful I didn't. I don't have the software to make a plan. I drew it on the board and cut it. maybe later I'll make one.

the P51 has never reached the sky. I brought it to the club as I was going to use it as my trainer (yes its shouldn't be a trainer but I don't have anything else). when we prepared the bird for a test flight something went wrong with the aileron we failed to flew it. Got it fixed but never had a chance to fly it as I started to build the double (or twin) boom. I actually pulled one of the servos and put it to the twin boom :eek: