HIGH FIVE checklist and crash?

Damig

:black_eyed::black_eyed:

you know whats fun, when you fly the creation successfully, AFTER crashing... lol

i need to review, review, review... my last three attempts crashed, without getting into the air long enough to fly level and set trim to see if nose heavy or tail heavy.

Sooo, back to testing it BEFORE I fly it, C/G must be the issue, or maybe, too heavy motor and battery, sooo, using less and less control surfaces, leaving less and less ways to commit pilot error....

So, Back to the workbench, grab the glue gun, Check for the C/G, and even try a glide test, which, if crashes as I toss it for glide, would crash in flight ANYWAY........ i know, right??

THanks <salute>

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170709-173109.jpg
    Screenshot_20170709-173109.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20170707-173555.jpg
    Screenshot_20170707-173555.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 2

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Apart from the usual build and setup errors the leading cause of crashing on launch or take off is an over aggressive application of throttle.

When attempting to maiden your aircraft you of course check things as per your pre-flight checklist. either set the plane to half throttle and launch or slowly increase the throttle and build up the ground speed whilst using rudder to keep the plane straight. Slowly increase throttle and maintain contact with the ground until the plane is running along the ground so fast that keeping it on the ground becomes difficult.

Slowly and gently allow the plane to rise off the ground, (do not adjust throttle) and concentrate on a shallow climb out and keeping the craft straight and wings level. Once the plane has reached a safe altitude you can increase the throttle to max, (If required). Carry out all maneuvers gently as you gain even greater altitude. About now you start the trimming process for level and stable flight.

Once trimmed you can have a little fun maneuvering etc. Before the battery is exhausted you should practice some low speed flight to see how it handles and even practice a few stalls, (at great height). Now you should attempt your first landing at a slightly higher speed than you would otherwise contemplate.

Once safely landed you can do any mechanical adjustments or even revise the CG all based upon the trim settings or adjustments you made to achieve level flight.

If you follow the above procedure the number of take off attempts you will need before a successful maiden will decrease noticeably.

Have fun!