Horizon Indoor Electric Festival 2015?

Aeos

I've never been to a flying event before and really, really want to go to this one (it's close to me). FT gonna be there this year? Anyone else here?

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
They are typically there and I imagine this year would be no different. Its a neat little venue. If you are going to fly, Id suggest listening or reading about flying at your first indoor event. Basically, don't bring anything you're worried about crashing. :) I should be there, only about a 50 min drive for me.

-Witt

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I just registered! It is a decent drive for me but I now have that Friday and Saturday free, so why not.

I actually grew up in the neighborhood right next door on Midcliff Drive and attending Etna Road Elementary through 4th grade before moving from Ohio. I played in the woods before the park/dome was built.

Information: http://horizonindoor.com/index.html

Horizon Indoor Electric Festival

November 6th, 7th and 8th 2015

Four Seasons Golf Dome
5000 East Broad Street Columbus, OH 43213

Spectators: $5 - Kids 12 and under free

Pilots:
$30 Pre register (until 10/30/15)
$35 Door registration
$20 Single day registration

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Saturday Combat

The action is fast until 2:30ish, then it slows down so the rules changed around the 7:30ish mark for a quick finish.

nurlip

Lol i was there for this part of the fly-in! I didn't fly in combat but it was great to watch and definitely got me into building some foamie planes!

here's my video from the event. This is from my recently 'finished' Versacopter that i was able to fly around a little bit on Saturday. It's not of any particular event, just trying to get a good idea of what it was like. mute this or enjoy the sound of motor whine :) (and a sound track i just randomly added).

edit: oh yeah, i almost forgot a little kid ran right through the multirotor/3d section 3 times i think.. that was crazy dangerous but i was glad to see his mom finally scolded him for it.. that's something at least.

Last edited: