How do I contact a real person?

shawnstradamus

They botched an order of mine and I've sent the obligatory message that they'll "get back to soon", but I'd like to know when I'll be receiving the other half of a $300 order I placed. Other than the store inbox, is there a place I can actually contact the storeroom/shipment area?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Looks like the contact options are in flux ATM, but there's a new "CALL" button on the store page . . . Given it a try yet? Never needed to try it myself and it's VERY new. Might not be fully operational yet, but if not, it will be very soon.

shawnstradamus

Hey Dan. thanks for the reply buddy. Yeah it's a skype call option. I'm not sure I want to skype a store room, I just want my foamies!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Shawn,

Understood, but it appears to be the only alternative . . . besides waiting for them to wade through their inbox. Knowing the people, they will get to it, and it will be as soon as they can, but I have no visibility to say when.

Spastickitten

The Flite test guys are pretty busy at the moment because they are moving the shipping and manufacturing out of the small area they have now into the space Lauren International has given them, so it might take a while for them to get back to you. Please be patient, I'm sure they didn't mean to make you wait!

shawnstradamus

oh thats a relief, cool beans! because that "CALL" option leads to skype but then doesn't work. It's hard to be patient when ONE of your orders isn't even being fulfilled, a SECOND from a week ago claims it's shipped but USPS still says only pre-shipment info sent and a THIRD order, $300 worth, only half arrived. I ordered a mini guinea kit and the tiny trainer starter... got all the electronics but no foam. Now I fully understand holiday rush, human error etc. But How do you forget the 2 PLANES in an order for PLANES?! lol:p

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The Skype line and the call line may be one and the same. That post and the call link appeared about the same time. Again, the link being there doesn't mean it's working yet, just that they think it's working enough to turn on the link.

As for the order . . . was the box full? they do on occasion split shipments, for various reasons. Not that it helps -- it still means the other half of the shipment is either not out to you yet or somewhere in postal limbo :(

shawnstradamus

Tiny little square box chock full'o goodies. I'm not overly worried, I just had a good laugh about the irony of my planelessness. In due time. In the mean time I'm devising a way to make a working nerf dart launcher operated by servos on my storch.

Pancho

It could be worse, last year I had a whole box of electronics stolen out of my mail box...~ $100 worth. Even though it was insured, I did not get paid since it was stolen after it was delivered to my mailbox. It was an order from HobbyKing. It took a while to figure out it was stolen. Found out that mailbox thefts was very high last year in our area.

shawnstradamus

Oh man that is crumby. Luckily my neighbor is a pilot so he gets to play with real planes and has no interest in foamies. But yeah man thats a bummer, sorry that happened to you!

dezertdog

In the past I tried to call, there is a phone number if you look around enough (don't have it handy), but it's 100% busy signal in my experience.