Where do I post a lousy customer service thread?

model14

I couldn't locate a place to discuss customer service, so I'll just throw it out here:

I sent FT a customer notification that one of four 5g servos sent to me doesn't work and asked them to send me a new one. The response I received a week later was to send them a video of the servo hooked up to a tester. Come on, it is a $5 servo. What, am I going to lie that it doesn't work? I want to support the FT store but geez!

HVB79

A simple video is a perfectly reasonable request as you are asking for a new servo without shipping the defective one back to them. Also it lets them make sure something simple is not wrong like you are just plugging it in upside down.

"Returns Policy
For any returns or refund requests, please first contact our store support here. You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)."
Source: https://store.flitetest.com/shipping-returns/

If you don't want to send them a video just request a return.

model14

Please note that this is the message I emailed to FT Customer Service using their provided Store Assistance Form:

"One of the servos is defective (won't operate using your tester). Please send me a new servo ASAP. You'll have to trust me on this. Returning the defective servo is not worth the shipping cost." I also checked the Urgent block on the form.

Over a week later, I didn't get the replacement servo I asked for, instead I got the response asking me to send a video proving the servo was defective.

There is no way to call customer service that I could find. I needed the servo ASAP so I could finish my project in time to fly on one of the upcoming few days a month we have in Kansas City without high winds.

Decent customer service would have sent right back to me the following message:

"Richard, sorry about the servo not working. Glad to hear you used our tester to check it out. I'll put a new servo in the mail today. Please send the defective servo back to us when you can. Thanks for your business."

I guess I am old fashioned (and very aware of what Amazon's response would have been).

P.S.
Almost everything I buy from FT; I can buy more cheaply from other sources and get an immediate replacement sent with no questions asked. But I choose to use FT because I want them to be successful. I really like what they have done to support and build back the RC hobby.
I am sending a copy of this thread reply to Eddie at FT Customer Service.

Piotrsko

Master member
If it is just a $5 servo, and it costs that to return it, I would just get a new one. Yep that is a PITA, but my time is worth more than that, and even if I need to make a point of something, tilting at windmills is tedious.

If you just need to make a arbitrary point, I cant help you, go with god.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Please note that this is the message I emailed to FT Customer Service using their provided Store Assistance Form:

"One of the servos is defective (won't operate using your tester). Please send me a new servo ASAP. You'll have to trust me on this. Returning the defective servo is not worth the shipping cost." I also checked the Urgent block on the form.

Over a week later, I didn't get the replacement servo I asked for, instead I got the response asking me to send a video proving the servo was defective.

There is no way to call customer service that I could find. I needed the servo ASAP so I could finish my project in time to fly on one of the upcoming few days a month we have in Kansas City without high winds.

Decent customer service would have sent right back to me the following message:

"Richard, sorry about the servo not working. Glad to hear you used our tester to check it out. I'll put a new servo in the mail today. Please send the defective servo back to us when you can. Thanks for your business."

I guess I am old fashioned (and very aware of what Amazon's response would have been).

P.S.
Almost everything I buy from FT; I can buy more cheaply from other sources and get an immediate replacement sent with no questions asked. But I choose to use FT because I want them to be successful. I really like what they have done to support and build back the RC hobby.
I am sending a copy of this thread reply to Eddie at FT Customer Service.
What was the response after you sent the video?

XSrcing

Creator of smoking holes
I didn't send it, and don't intend to.
Then don't expect a replacement. Sending out parts for free on an unknown person's "word" is bad business. If you try to give them a bad review for it it reflects on the type of customer you are.

They have given you a way to get a replacement that satisfies requirements for all parties involved, but you refuse to do anything.

Bricks

Master member
Then don't expect a replacement. Sending out parts for free on an unknown person's "word" is bad business. If you try to give them a bad review for it it reflects on the type of customer you are.

They have given you a way to get a replacement that satisfies requirements for all parties involved, but you refuse to do anything.

And they will probably pay the shipping to him. If that is all I had to do demand a different part because I said it is not working hey, I have a bunch of motors, I purchased that quit working and ESC`s WHY because I said so. Yea go with that.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The OP right about now...

well-that-didnt-96c33a05f3.jpeg

Tench745

Master member
LOL. I guess this isn’t where you “…post a lousy customer service thread…”

FT store folks are AWESOME, and everyone here knows it.

I think the one valid criticism the OP had was the 1 week response time on an issue marked "urgent".
Otherwise, the complaint seems pretty self-inflicted.

model14

Has the FT staff replied to my complaint? I sent my original post to them. Haven't heard a thing unless one of you are staff.