How do I get Cleanflight/Betaflight to work on my Mac?

ReadyPlayer007

Hello everyone! I'm new to the hobby and super stoked to be a part of it. I recently purchased a Vortex 250 Pro quad along with a Taranis X9D and some Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles. I also have a Blade Inductrix.
Anyway, I'm having trouble getting Cleanflight or Betaflight to work on my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.13.1 High Sierra. If anyone could help me I sure would appreciate it.
Thanx, Jesh

jtrops

What trouble are you having? I have noticed that my mac (10.11.6) doesn't do well with "auto connect," and that I usually have to point it to the usb port, but otherwise it just works.

ReadyPlayer007

What trouble are you having? I have noticed that my mac (10.11.6) doesn't do well with "auto connect," and that I usually have to point it to the usb port, but otherwise it just works.

Auto connect will not work. I've tried all the port options. It just isn't seeing the connection.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
You will need usb drivers. I had sane issues and solved following s instruction i found searching with google. Search for betaflight, USB, mac

ReadyPlayer007

I downloaded the driver. It still will not connect. I've ordered another cable to go directly to my usb-c port on my Mac. Right now I'm using an adapter. Wondering if that could be the problem?

jtrops

I downloaded the driver. It still will not connect. I've ordered another cable to go directly to my usb-c port on my Mac. Right now I'm using an adapter. Wondering if that could be the problem?

That could be it. I have been using a port replicator plugged into a thunderbolt port without any problems.

It may be that the adapter you have is giving you problems. Is your adapter from usb-c to usb, or from thunderbolt to usb?