How do i get the scale right?

rallekralle11

Actually not a bad flyer
hey everyone.

iv'e made a PDF plan for a experimental plane, but i have no idea how to get the scale right...
so i need some help

thanks
-ralle

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
What program did you use to create the plan before it was a PDF?

When I make plans in Sketchup, they are actual size. 100%. Then when they are made to PDF the measures are kept one to one. When the poster, or tiled, PDF is printed, it is to scale.

As far as determining the size of your plane, identify your limiting factors (i.e. foam thickness, prop size, preferences) and make the plans based off of that. From reference drawings imported to Sketchup, I get a couple measures that could limit. Prop clearance, cowling size, interior fuselage room, then set that at the size you want it to be sketchup scales the rest. Some people use wing span as the determining factor when it comes to self designs.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Before you turn it into a pdf, figure out the scale in the program that you drew it in. Then when you make it a pdf, make the scale 1:1.

If you don't have Sketchup, give it a try. Free download and tutorials online. The online tutorials are great and there is a load of other useful guides on the forums.