Scale up Simple Stick to 60" wing span

jack10525

Hello All,

I am trying to scale up the FT simple stick to a 60" wingspan. I think this would be about 150%. When I try to print the plans at this size I don't get all plans. Some of the lines are off the page. Can someone explain how to scale up plans step by step. I'm just not getting it.

jack10525

I found a 67" wingspan ugly stick on value hobby. This might be the best way to go if I can find electronics cheap. The suggested ones are way too expensive.

Draftman1

I haven’t quite finished it

Tench745

Master member
Hello All,

I am trying to scale up the FT simple stick to a 60" wingspan. I think this would be about 150%. When I try to print the plans at this size I don't get all plans. Some of the lines are off the page. Can someone explain how to scale up plans step by step. I'm just not getting it.
When enlarging plans, I find it best to start with the Full Page plans, not the tiled plans. In the Simple Stick plan set I have, the full page plans are pages 7, 8, and 9.
Open in Adobe Acrobat, click File, Print.
1708991864032.png
In the print dialog box tell it which pages to print (7-9). Then, under Page Sizing and Handling, click Poster. Where it says "Tile Scale" change that to whatever scaling you want, 150 in your case. Acrobat will tile the page appropriately and print.

Keep in mind that this will enlarge everything to that 150%, so all the cutouts for the folds will now be 50% wider than the thickness of a sheet of foam board, so you'll need to adapt accordingly.

quorneng

Master member
Also remember that what is strong enough at 100% may not be at 150%.
Success using the same material will depend on much much "reserve" the original design had in both bending and twisting.