how much does your bird weigh?

debay777

I Love $Tree foam
How heavy do most of these swappables come in at? I dont have a scale capable of weighing my Bloody not so wonder. im curious to see what the AUW of any of the swaps is or any of the FT planes for that matter.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I think a weight is provided for all of the FT swappables when you look at the Flite Test store.

Outside of that, looking at the cube wing loading of RC planes is a great idea. It can tell you the basic flying characteristics that you can expect. http://www.flyrc.com/wing-load-calculator/

Getting a scale can be a great idea. I bought a kitchen scale from Target. It's worth the $20 investment. I ended up using it more than I thought I would.

debay777

I Love $Tree foam
I can see where that tool is good for determining motor size. I often use The off the cuff SWAG (Scientific Wild A$$ Guess) method is the 100watts:pound rule. 100watts per pound for scale mild flight, I think it was add 50 or watts for aerobatics, and anything more than that move towards 3D. Again, that is SWAG and not bullet proof. Wing loading was not something I had ever been able to figure for until now. Thanks for upping my SWAG abilities.

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hmmm. . . lemme see . . .

Tail Launch After Rudder?

yeah, that looks about right . . .

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
At least you got it on the second go Dan! :) Yes, Debay, it's That Looks About Right...

debay777

I Love $Tree foam
New motor mounted. NTM 28-26 with an APC style 0807.... I thik it was a 7 pitch anyway. On the watt meter ai was running 15 amps at WOT. And the pull was awesome. No chance to fly due to the weather but I can already tell its going to be better flyer.