I Combined an Edge 540 with a Guinea Pig

Liam B

Why? Well I had no choice.

On the way back from Flite Fest 2018, I brought home my Edge 540 kit as I had only finished the fuselage. I was pretty confident that the wings which were packed in my suitcase would make it home fine.

Well they didn’t. Luckily the fuselage was safe in my lap the whole flight home. So the next step was to find a wing for it.

Fast forward two years later, I found one off of my new and never built Guinea Pig kit, and this monstrosity was born.

9E1E715F-2AD3-41F2-BA0F-F15E057959D9.jpeg

The joining of the wing was relatively simple. It still has some finishing work as you can see but I’m going to fly it as is and see how it does :)

Attachments

• CE83A71A-49BB-4F44-918F-CF26EBA63F7C.jpeg
    CE83A71A-49BB-4F44-918F-CF26EBA63F7C.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0

Figure9

Elite member
Why? Well I had no choice.

On the way back from Flite Fest 2018, I brought home my Edge 540 kit as I had only finished the fuselage. I was pretty confident that the wings which were packed in my suitcase would make it home fine.

Well they didn’t. Luckily the fuselage was safe in my lap the whole flight home. So the next step was to find a wing for it.

Fast forward two years later, I found one off of my new and never built Guinea Pig kit, and this monstrosity was born.

View attachment 166927

The joining of the wing was relatively simple. It still has some finishing work as you can see but I’m going to fly it as is and see how it does :)

Looks good to me! Bet it’ll fly great!

Liam B

It flew great! Of course it had strange tendencies as it is quite underpowered. But it knife edged, has a pretty good snap-roll and can sustain inverted for a little bit. I imagine it will be a beast on 4S, but I’ll save that for tomorrow. I’ll upload the video soon.

11030A31-400B-43C8-8648-3BE4F6E8C1C1.jpeg

Oh and did I mention the glide ratio?!

OliverW

Legendary member
It flew great! Of course it had strange tendencies as it is quite underpowered. But it knife edged, has a pretty good snap-roll and can sustain inverted for a little bit. I imagine it will be a beast on 4S, but I’ll save that for tomorrow. I’ll upload the video soon.

View attachment 166932

Oh and did I mention the glide ratio?!
Make a trip up to Oregon, and your mind will be blown once you fly a big gasser!

Liam B

So it moved a bit but the winds are picking up as I write. I'll go by this evening. Only damage that happened is the firewall came off but I knew that was loose anyway.