I met the nicest person at the 2016 Toledo Model Show!

PaperAirplane

While my friend John and I were sitting down giving our old tired feet a break on Saturday, April 2nd, at the 2016 Toledo Model Show, and who would walk by in front of us? No other than Josh Bixler! I, of course, recognized him immediately, and who could not, from his many FliteTest pages and build videos. I want to tell all of you, that have you not had this opportunity, he was just as nice as he could be, pleasant and friendly in conversation and appearance just like we see him on FliteTest. I was wearing a FliteTest "T" shirt, and I had to show him that, of course! We chatted for about 10 minutes, and during this time I told him that at my age of 80, I was still enjoying his great products, his build videos, and Web site and filling up my hanger with FliteTest models! And that my wife, really enjoys the humor that is in the videos, too! I also told him, that I was very proud of him building such a successful business and company that all of us could now enjoy! He also indicated to me, that he saw some airplane models at the show that gave him so new ideas for FliteTest. I'll stay tuned to see what they are! Kindest regards, Karl in Warren, MI

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey Karl,

I'm pretty sure you made Josh's day with your little conversation. He loves people being passionate about the hobby, no matter if young or - no. I'm not going to say old. Because if you are enjoying the hobby as much as you say, you can't be old in your heart. =)

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The 'family atmosphere' starts at the top and permeates the show, the store, the articles and forum. This is why I like FT better than RCGroups. TimeCop just wouldn't last long here and I like that.

Great story, brother Karl. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
The 'family atmosphere' starts at the top and permeates the show, the store, the articles and forum. This is why I like FT better than RCGroups. TimeCop just wouldn't last long here and I like that.

Great story, brother Karl. :)

I completely agree and that's why I put my build threads and time into this community.

And it's great to hear about chance meetings across the community where we can reinforce in person the friendly behavior that we expect in our online space. :)

CavRecon

+1 on all the above. Some searches for info have led me to RCgroups, but the tone is not the same.

After a childhood spent longing in vain, the "Flite Test Phenomenon" has made RC flight a reality for me at 43. I am just getting to where I am comfortable going to the field alone and sending up a model and would have never gotten here without Josh and crew.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
josh is one amazing human being having the opportunity to meet him at ff 14 was the greatest experience of my life i cant wait to meet him again this year great story sir