I NEED HELP

glenn welch

i've been into rc for about 10 years and just reciently (last 6 months)gotten into flying quads. i've had a few hundred dollars fly away on me, so i thought i would invest in an autopilot system with gps. so i bought a dji naza m lite with gps, that was in oct of last year, i've had the system replaced 4 times and still can't get it to boot up on my pc so i purchased another gps system from flyshark, and now i can't get this one to boot up either, i have to tell you that i'me completely computer illiterate, got my 1st one 8 months ago, so i'me not sure of anything on this machine. i need someone who can show me what to do and how to doi it . CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!?

brettp2004

I know the feeling of having a lot of money fly away. I don't know too much about the GPS systems but you can prevent your quad from flying away without GPS. The on,y reason mine flew away was because I didn't set up the fail safe. I'll never make that mistake again. Make sure you set up your failsafe and it won't fly away!

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
You're going to be on a long learning curve for a while is my guess. The kind of problem you are describing sounds like a missing driver problem to me. Windows PC's need a small bit of software in order to communicate with anything that's plugged into them. Maybe yours doesn't have the driver installed for the device you are plugging in. That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm not familiar with connecting either of those devices to my computer. The fact that they both behave the same way makes me think there is a similar chip on both and something is missing from your computer that lets you talk to that chip.

glenn welch

gps frustration

i appreciate your responses guy'sand i know i'me on a long learning curve and i can fix just about anything untill it requires a pc so what do i do hire geeksquad to come program my gps systems?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Ok, what information can you give us on your equipment?

What exactly are the GPS devices?
Do you still have that DJI module? Which one was it?
Did you try to use the Flyshark GPS with the DJI flight controller?
What operating system is your PC running?
How old is the PC? (Does it already have USB3 ports)?

Bryan08

FIX

I am new to this forum and had troubles with getting my naza lite to connect to my pc so I just made a post on the fix it will say DJI NAZA assistant not working on windows 10 if it helps you please like the post and comment.

I know the feeling of having a lot of money fly away. I don't know too much about the GPS systems but you can prevent your quad from flying away without GPS. The on,y reason mine flew away was because I didn't set up the fail safe. I'll never make that mistake again. Make sure you set up your failsafe and it won't fly away!

Yes, you should activate failsafe from your radio, it should be called F/S, after that when you lose signal it will land softly