Improving range of Flysky FS-i6X with RF Amplifier Modules. Is it possible?

Heinz

Hi Everyone.....

I am trying to increase the range of my flysky fs-i6x with adding 2 Watt RF Amplifier with 9dbi Omni Antenna in the place of original ones. Is it possible? Or if anyone has ever tried like that before?

Thank You

LitterBug

Techno Nut
What range exactly are you hoping to gain here? 2 watts is a HUGE power increase over the typical FCC approved mw ratings most transmitters have. Even most long range TXes are capped around 1 watt and require a HAM license at those power levels.

Heinz

I want my transmitter to reach up to 5 km. And I am not from America and the rules are relaxed here. Therefore, I am asking to increase the range of my transmitter.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with Bricks, ELRS is the way to go.
Besides being less expensive and less hassle, ELRS likely going to be more reliable. We know it works.
Why reinvent the wheel?

I live in an ocean of corn. In my early FPV years, I got disoriented & didn’t know which way was home. I still had video & RC control but my battery was empty. So I set it down near a road, got in my car & started driving. When I found my plane, it was about 1.5 miles away. Not too bad for a stock FlySky Tx & Rx using a 200mW video with CP antennas. Granted it was in a very low noise environment.

Lesson, always have an arrow pointing home.

Heinz

Does ELRS also support FPV Video? I find about ELRS and all I can find is they transmit RC Signal and Telemetry data. And I can't find about FPV Video transmitting.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Does ELRS also support FPV Video? I find about ELRS and all I can find is they transmit RC Signal and Telemetry data. And I can't find about FPV Video transmitting.
FPV is handled by a separate transmitter. It is not part of ELRS.