• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Indoor 3D plane for me to crash

CarolineTyler

Complete apart from motor (in post as the one I had was the wrong KV), ESC, receiver, battery and wheels. The wheel attachment is horrible, so I will 3D print my own bits.
Will be a 2208 1400KV motor with a 500mAh 3S pushing an 8x4E motor.
IMG_20190105_221240807.jpg IMG_20190105_221245725.jpg IMG_20190105_221254423.jpg
Can't say I enjoyed the build, the 5mm EPP foam is like building with wet cardboard, only lighter!
:)

Last edited:

Bricks

Look great in the photos.

I have built 6 of the 5mm EPP 3D planes the lighter you can build them the better they will fly. I have never put landing gear on any of them just to save the weight even thou the landing gear is all carbon, just another thing to break. First thing I learned on the EPP planes is never use a glue that dries hard, as the joint cannot flex some and breaks apart very easily or tears the EPP. The glue I like the best is Beacon Fabric-Tac very flexible and will not let go..

Good luck on your first flights be sure and keep your throws down until you get a few batteries thru it and give us a report on how it flies.