Inductrix Drone and Fat Shark Not Playing Well Together

Thom

'Brand new here, and brand new to FPV...

I’m trying to set up the following:

• Blade BLH8570 Inductrix FPV Drone
• Spektrum DX6E Transmitter
• Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV goggles
• Fat Shark FSV2442 5g8 Receiver Module

My problem is that I’m not getting an image through the goggles; just static. I understand how the bands and channels work on both the drone and the goggles, and am on matching bands and channels (actually, I’m pretty sure I’ve tried every combination). I’m getting snow and static lines through the goggles, and when I change channels on the drone, it interrupts the signal on the goggles for a few seconds, so it appears that I am transmitting something from the drone to the goggles.

I was originally using a “Spektrum 4.3 inch Video Monitor Headset”, but I didn’t care for it. When I used that, the video came up right away, so I’m reasonably certain that the problem isn’t in the camera.

And yes, the camera's lens cover has been removed...

Thom

Yep, it is. As I mentioned, I am getting snow and horizontal bars, and I am seeing a change in the visual pattern each time I change channels on the camera.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
You’re using an antenna on the receiver, correct? Do you know what band/channel the drone is on? (You may be able to check and confirm with your old monitor, if it shows what channel it is on)

Thom

Yes, I have the antenna attached that came with the receiver.

The drone shows each of the five bands using a series of five blue LEDs. You can tell the channel by a red LED (channel one is solid red; moving up channels from there flash a single red flash to confirm).

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Make sure the receiver module is firmly seated in the connector. Failing that, you'll probably have to contact FatShark support. Thankfully they have excellent support.

Thom

I'm going to go through the entire setup again right now; I'll double-check the receiver's connection.

I've already been in contact with Fat Shark support (I was impressed that they replied on a Saturday afternoon). He asked for a pic of the receiver, but I haven't heard back yet since I sent it.

Thom

After rechecking everything, and fiddling around with switching channels quite a bit, I was able to get video - but only for maybe 30 seconds or so. By the time I moved the drone from my bench to the floor to start flying, I was back to a screen full of snow and horizontal bars. I tried for quite some time to get it back by switching channels (matching channels on the camera and the googles each time I switched, of course). I didn't try switching bands this time.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
This is kinda making me want to shy away from FatSharks...I've got an Inductrix Pro, a Conspiracy 220, and thinking about other FPV setups; this is kind of making me think that maybe I don't have it too bad with my Quanum Cyclops headset...

Thom

It ends up that the problem was a bad receiver. I ordered a new one – it arrived today; everything works great.

I was impressed with Randy's prompt help at FatShark support.