I've flown the Tiny Trainer, Simple Cub and now want to try the Mini Mustang...advice?

The Fopster

Master member
I’ve flown both. The mustang is much harder to fly. If you’ve got plenty of successful stick time on the TT then you will probably be fine, but I’d be prepared for lots of crashes if you’re still “learning” on the TT. Good luck!

tomlogan1

Elite member
The Bronco is one of the most stable and easy to fly airplane in the Flte Test group. The wiring is a bit different but not that much and the plane is very stable whether you are flying fast or slow. It is one of my favorites.

LundiThembi

The Bronco is one of the most stable and easy to fly airplane in the Flte Test group. The wiring is a bit different but not that much and the plane is very stable whether you are flying fast or slow. It is one of my favorites.
Do you think this would be a good step up from a trainer?

boogieloo

How much is this DIY Tiny Trainer kit from Flite Test Store? I already made one of my own. If I wanted to see if I could fly one guaranteed success flight, I'd go with the DIY Tiny Trainer. So how much is this kit, with the RC transmitter, with the necessary extension cables, with the necessary receiver, and with a landing gear if this kit comes with one. Otherwise, just hand throw it. So how much is this whole thing? What is t he mAmphours on the Tiny Trainer? All of them come with 1000 mAmphours? If so, already flying. Yeah, that is probably it. The battery or the system did not know there was any flight, so when the transmitter picked up the battery, it shut down. Set it up again. Different battery.

Thank you!

I'm thinking of buying one like this. Then testing my home made theory out. This would look good for me starting off. I'm into the electronics part, so I know that the fuse on the receiver or lights is not burned out. Just the wrong frequency on the system. They have ranges they go on. AFHDS 2.4 Ghz SkyFly transmitter.

Last edited:

SSgt Duramax

I would recommend the ft old speedster.
I dislike the mini version of that plane, it seems like a step over than up. I favor the scout though, I think it flies better and doesn't rock back and forth. It does pretty decent loops too.

I don't have any warbird recommendations though, I have a cut out and half constructed mini corsair that I just got servos for, but right now I am distracted cutting out a F6F and building my daughter a TT replacement. Right now my only function airframe is my oldest one, a mini arrow, and it is still a blast.

I wonder if he shouldn't try a wing out for a while?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I dislike the mini version of that plane, it seems like a step over than up. I favor the scout though, I think it flies better and doesn't rock back and forth. It does pretty decent loops too.

I don't have any warbird recommendations though, I have a cut out and half constructed mini corsair that I just got servos for, but right now I am distracted cutting out a F6F and building my daughter a TT replacement. Right now my only function airframe is my oldest one, a mini arrow, and it is still a blast.

I wonder if he shouldn't try a wing out for a while?
I tried both. the big one is SOOOOO much better