Just finished my FT-22 Raptor....After the DX6i Elevon Mix Fix...flies great!!

iqraceworks

I build my first FT plane about a month ago (FT Flyer), and it was awesome...I still fly it every day. I decided to build one of the FT-22 Raptors because I wanted something a little faster and more of a challenge to fly.

I with with a Turnigy D2822/14 motor, 7x6 prop, Plush 30a ESC that I had laying around, an 3S 1000mah for power.

After I got it all put together and took it for it's maiden flight, I noticed that is seemed pretty dull and unresponsive. I started going through everything and I noticed that the throws on the servo arms were about half of what they should be. After a little research, I found that lots of people with the Spektrum Dx6i TX's were having this short servo arm throw problem when using the Elevon tail mix (that the FT-22 needs).

After finding out how to get my throws back to what they should be (use the MIX's on the radio to mix Elev with evel, and ailr with ailr) the thing flys awesome!

WP_20150914_16_59_47_Pro_zpsog9sdeww.jpg

jpot1

Elite member
Can you give more details on what you did with the mix on the dx6i and the benefit it had?