Just finished the Corsair

LenR

Just finished building the Corsair, my first was the Mustang P51b which is waiting for decals to finish. I robbed these from a Guillows Hellcat that is waiting to be built. Guillows sells the decals separately, I ordered a replacement for the Hellcat and got some for the Spitfire to grace the P51b.
FTCorsair1.jpg

Last edited:

LenR

I don't think a 2212 would be big enough. FT recommends a 2218 and the 2808 I used is about the same in terms of power. Both swing the recommended prop nicely.

I agree they are magnificent.

shadeyB

Legendary member
how warm does the motor get? and can you take out the power pod out of the corsair?
Have flown with “C” pack motor, 10x4.5 and 3s 2200mAh
cant say I have checked the motor often so wouldn’t say it’s hot or I would remember
i can remove the power pod but this is mostly due to my flying style, initially set up with the BBQ skewer but they would torn into toothpicks from time to time 😉
now she’s glued in

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Have flown with “C” pack motor, 10x4.5 and 3s 2200mAh
cant say I have checked the motor often so wouldn’t say it’s hot or I would remember
i can remove the power pod but this is mostly due to my flying style, initially set up with the BBQ skewer but they would torn into toothpicks from time to time 😉
now she’s glued in
ok thanks a lot for the advice

slowjo

Master member
Just finished building the Corsair, my first was the Mustang P51b which is waiting for decals to finish. I robbed these from a Guillows Hellcat that is waiting to be built. Guillows sells the decals separately, I ordered a replacement for the Hellcat and got some for the Spitfire to grace the P51b. View attachment 172642
nice build, I have yet to try anything that technical.