Hello from the UK

nheather

Hi,

Been watching the Youtube videos for years - love the ingenuity and what you can manage to do with foamboard.

So I have decided to have a crack at building a master series warbird (Spitfire, Mustang or Corsair - probably the Spitfire) and started looking for stockist in the UK.

Unfortunately I have drawn a blank on pre-cut kits, found a few stockist, but most of the range has been long out of stock.

The next plan is to buy the foamboard and cut my own parts. My research has found the 5mm foamboard from Hobbycraft and 5mm Vitrex underlay from B&Q. I've read that the Hobbycraft foamboard is heavy and it is difficult to remove the paper outer layers.

Ideally I'd like to use proper Flite Test foamboard but once again, difficult to find in the UK at a sensible price.

What do you guys in the UK use to build foam models?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.

MS are great but if you have never flown a plane, I would not recommend starting with one. Most people will destroy 2-3 planes just learning to fly. Something like the Tiny Trainer would be a much better plane to learn on. The TT is easier to build, fly & repair.

Save the MS planes for later.

nheather

Welcome to the forums.

MS are great but if you have never flown a plane, I would not recommend starting with one. Most people will destroy 2-3 planes just learning to fly. Something like the Tiny Trainer would be a much better plane to learn on. The TT is easier to build, fly & repair.

Save the MS planes for later.

Many thanks for the concern and great advice as I'd not said anything to suggest that I'm not a beginner.

However, I first flew solo in 1987 and have been flying each year since. I'm not fanatical about the hobby so I've never put in the time and practice to achieve competition-level skills, and old age is slowing my reactions down a little, but I am more than competent and have built and flown many different aircraft in my years.

I don't see a MS warbird as too much of a challenge.