Just wanted to say thanks to the forums and FT community

basslord1124

Master member
On this day of thankfulness (well it's officially over here now), I just wanted to say thanks to those on the forums... @mayan , @BATTLEAXE , @The Hangar , @PsyBorg , @PoorManRC , @buzzbomb , @Wildthing .... any anyone else who has helped, offered advice, and supported my craziness in the hobby. Those who have read my long winded posts, followed and commented on my weird youtube channel, and sort of knows and understands my wild and wacky ideas in the hobby. It's just nice to feel that support and love from other like-minded individuals...even if I don't build models as fast as some of you or do the same things as some of you. I have my own journey...we all do in this crazy hobby.

I truly mean this but am also saying this b/c there are a few other select individuals that one day can be supportive and then on other days question why I do this hobby, buy a said part or thing, or complain about it. And honestly, that gets kind of annoying to me.

But anyways, much love and again, thanks to you all and the rest of the FT community! :D

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thanks for the thanks old friend. This is what our community does. As you say everyone is not interested in the same things. We are lucky we all have this place to come and see what others are doing and maybe find something new that interests us or form a relationship with like minded people in the hobby.

The coolest thing is the people we meet are not just a family member or local community member from where we live but people all over the world. The positive effect that passes from each contact here holds much more value then we may think or know. It shows us all that people from other places are really no different then we are. That we dont need to battle each other. That we can all hang out and do something positive no matter what core beliefs we hold or bias over politics, locations, or religions.

If more people around the world had access to something like this where they could meet others and see we are pretty much the same then there would be less grey area for differences in politics, religion and bias and conflicts between us around the world. Tensions would lessen because more would know and realize this and that the need to fight each other is driven by a few shallow and short minded people with agendas not beneficial to everyone.

I know I can annoy the bejeebus out of some types of people yet others may think I am funny or crazy. Just like any other combination of people here. I am thankful and love reading how different people do things with what is available to them by region and the willingness to pass on knowledge freely no matter what level of skill or creativity.

basslord1124

Master member
I agree with ya @PsyBorg , I haven't seen a lot of things that are soooo community driven and where actual progress is made. One of the other things that comes to mind that is similar is the development around Linux and open source software (throwing my geek in here). People from all around the world have contributed code, ideas, and software to make it what it is now. And without it, we probably wouldn't have some of the big features of Google, Android, Roku, and other technologies. The FT community is like that. Some folks donate their time to make up the free plans ( @SP0NZ ), some develop skins for the airplanes, volunteering at Flitefest, and the list goes on. And the love and respect for one another is something that this world really needs right now.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Those who have read my long winded posts, followed and commented on my weird youtube channel, and sort of knows and understands my wild and wacky ideas in the hobby. It's just nice to feel that support and love from other like-minded individuals...even if I don't build models as fast as some of you or do the same things as some of you. I have my own journey...we all do in this crazy hobby.
Nicely said! I think we all feel the same way - at least I know I do!
I truly mean this but am also saying this b/c there are a few other select individuals that one day can be supportive and then on other days question why I do this hobby, buy a said part or thing, or complain about it. And honestly, that gets kind of annoying to me.
I definitely relate to that... :rolleyes::)

PoorManRC

Master member
Thank you so much C!!!
You're a good Man, and a very creative Modeler. Looking forward to seeing the Mystery Ship take to the Air, and all of your interesting projects!

With a single exception, this Forum has been a source of friendship, knowledge and incredible Help - for me and my Family! I'm eternally grateful.

I know I've been conspicuously absent from the Forums in the past year, but things have been BAD financially. Even too bad for Foam Board. I realize I've "worn out my welcome" in the Help department..... But I remain grateful for the kindness and generosity I had received!
IF we can hold out for just a few more Months, my whole Life is about to change! It's going to be tough, because our Slumlords have raised our Rent by an average of $70.00 MORE per Month every year for the 5 years since they took over!
..... Our Rent is now MORE than our Income. 😳

In 4 to 6 Months, IF we can hang on, the Inheritance that I've waited a very long time for and have hinted at, is FINALLY COMING!! My Great Grandfather's 5 Storey Brownstone House in Brooklyn just Sold!!! And for nearly a MILLION Dollars more than we expected!

Meanwhile we're still living in a scary, upside down situation where, every Month until we get the Money, we will be desperately fighting Eviction! 😖
Seems ironic. We've got to be more poor than we ever were - before we'll be set for Life.

I'll ASK my Friends here for Help - but I'm not expecting any.....

If we get through this - we both made a promise to be philanthropic. Paying it Forward to anyone we can.
Knowing what it's been like on the sad receiving end of this, we understand how degrading and dehumanizing it is.
We just need to find a couple of good Souls to help us through the next few Months....

If not, it won't change the high esteem that I hold you Guys in. You had been unbelievably good to me. I'll never forget that!

I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas Holiday Season! May you get everything that you deserve. God Bless!

OliverW

Legendary member
Thank you so much C!!!
You're a good Man, and a very creative Modeler. Looking forward to seeing the Mystery Ship take to the Air, and all of your interesting projects!

With a single exception, this Forum has been a source of friendship, knowledge and incredible Help - for me and my Family! I'm eternally grateful.

I know I've been conspicuously absent from the Forums in the past year, but things have been BAD financially. Even too bad for Foam Board. I realize I've "worn out my welcome" in the Help department..... But I remain grateful for the kindness and generosity I had received!
IF we can hold out for just a few more Months, my whole Life is about to change! It's going to be tough, because our Slumlords have raised our Rent by an average of $70.00 MORE per Month every year for the 5 years since they took over!
..... Our Rent is now MORE than our Income. 😳

In 4 to 6 Months, IF we can hang on, the Inheritance that I've waited a very long time for and have hinted at, is FINALLY COMING!! My Great Grandfather's 5 Storey Brownstone House in Brooklyn just Sold!!! And for nearly a MILLION Dollars more than we expected!

Meanwhile we're still living in a scary, upside down situation where, every Month until we get the Money, we will be desperately fighting Eviction! 😖
Seems ironic. We've got to be more poor than we ever were - before we'll be set for Life.

I'll ASK my Friends here for Help - but I'm not expecting any.....

If we get through this - we both made a promise to be philanthropic. Paying it Forward to anyone we can.
Knowing what it's been like on the sad receiving end of this, we understand how degrading and dehumanizing it is.
We just need to find a couple of good Souls to help us through the next few Months....

If not, it won't change the high esteem that I hold you Guys in. You had been unbelievably good to me. I'll never forget that!

I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas Holiday Season! May you get everything that you deserve. God Bless!
Long time no see Carmine! I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish there was something I could do to help

basslord1124

Master member
Hey Carmine, glad to see ya around a little, was kinda wondering where ya been...although I haven't been around much either. Hope things turn around for ya. Have a great Christmas and New Years if I don't hear from ya before then!