landed old fogey in the back of my pickup

irekkin

I've been teaching myself to fly with a scratch built old fogey. I'm still kinda rough but getting better. today I went out early before the wind got up . stuck a fresh battery in the old fogey and away she went. got it up "several mistakes high" and just circled until the battery alarm went off. got it back close but alittle off target. actually, it was headed straight for my truck so I cut the throttle and gave it some up elevator and it landed perfectly in the back of my truck. if I fly another 100yrs. i'll never do that again. probably not a big deal really, but hey, it was cool to me. :cool:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Haha! Very nice! 2 years ago I landed a .15 sized combat plane in the back of someone's truck, it wasn't mine though... that took some explaining.:black_eyed:

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
The once in a life time things we do and no pics. to prove it. Then when we are old the kids think we are just telling another one of those whoppers, and our buddies don't know for sure if it is real or not.

frogman

That's awesome....especially for a beginner. In the last 2 weeks I have managed to do land my FT3D in a tree and also in a pond....upside down. Yours sounds lots safer. :eek:

irekkin

hey don't ya'll feel bad . for the past few months i've been slamming them in the ground on a regular basis. the last couple weeks the weather has been great and thats helped. the old fogey with a two cell battery is the way to start, i think. that, and flying in an unmowed hay field has helped soften the landings. the down side is they're my hay fields and i need to quit playing around and get some hay baled.