Laser Cutting FT Plans?

Timmy

Legendary member
I've never used a laser cutter or anything like it. All I know is that there is a community center nearby with one and I am tired of cutting stuff out by hand. How would I go about using a laser cutter to cut out FT plans? Note: I am noob at this sort of stuff

Timmy

Legendary member
I wasn't looking for plans although I guess the title made it sound like I was. Just wanted to clarify.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
you need to learn inkscape or similair program. with that you can take the .pdf files and convert, with some work, to .svg files for the laser cutter. biggest issues is the setup of the laser so you are not over cooking and setting fire to stuff, or not high enough to cut through. if using white foam board it takes a much more powerful laser due to reflection. make sure you have someone with you that knows what they are doing.

good luck,

me :cool:

speedbirdted

Legendary member
yeah, you can cut out the plans directly because generally PDF converts to SVG easily and SVG is what 99.99999999% of lasers use. I would do all my FT builds that way, sadly though my laser cutter is not large enough to fit full sheets of foamboard into.