Locked power connector hampers portability

Mark H. SoCal

Been using my EZ ID unit for a few months with no problems. Only one in my club that uses ID unit so far. Wanted to move from one plane to another and experienced locked up power connector. Pulled really hard and even pried connector internally with sharp point of tweezers, no luck. Was able to loosen by about 1-1.5mm but stuck like glued. I am sure that if I applied more force I would break the solder joints on circuit board. Can workaround but still would like to be able to disconnect. Please consider changing connector type for power lead in future production. Just unnecessary.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Been using my EZ ID unit for a few months with no problems. Only one in my club that uses ID unit so far. Wanted to move from one plane to another and experienced locked up power connector. Pulled really hard and even pried connector internally with sharp point of tweezers, no luck. Was able to loosen by about 1-1.5mm but stuck like glued. I am sure that if I applied more force I would break the solder joints on circuit board. Can workaround but still would like to be able to disconnect. Please consider changing connector type for power lead in future production. Just unnecessary.
I had the same experience. Bought a pack of nonlocking jst short cables and making a cable that stays with the plane that the EZID plugs into.