Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation Plans and Modeling

unrauv

Nose and Battery Hatch framing and parts...

SuperConnie15.png

Separated Battery Hatch, using a foam board tab for the front. Not so sure how long it will hold up. Just add more magnets.
SuperConnie16.png

unrauv

Wing Connection Details...

Fuse cutouts added on the upper sides.
SuperConnie21.png

Bottom Right View. Plywood plates to distribute connection loading.
SuperConnie22.png

Deconstruction of wing connection, remove fuse parts. Shows 1/4" bolt.
SuperConnie23.png

Deconstruction of wing connection, removed 1/8" plywood connection plate. Shows 3/16 foam board spacers between wing and plate.
SuperConnie24.png

All upper connections componentes removed. Wing 1/4" bolts only
SuperConnie25.png

Inner wing details, foam spars, 1/8" plywood soars. Foam board ribs to transfer the connection load to the fuselage wing plate.
SuperConnie26.png

Removed ribs showing bottom wing foam board sheet.
SuperConnie27.png

Next wing and nacelle construction...

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
OH BOY! Getting excited for this build! Going to be a fun one. If anyone has any interesting ideas for paint schemes let me know.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
So, my all time favorite is the Lockheed L1011 tristar, but the Constellation family takes second place for me. Unfortunately neither of these planes are still in service, so when I start flying full time I'm going to try to get on with Delta flying MD-88s.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Looks like you can't stop designing awesome planes! I still have to build your amazing SE5

unrauv

I will have to find a good plan image of an L1011 scale it to 6' wing span and see what EDF will be ok. The wing engine nacelles will be the challenge. I would most likely do a inter locking twin plywood mount like the landing gear on the Connie. They would have to hot glued to the EDF housing. Its doable. Not sure about the fowler flaps.

Only thinking about this right now..
20180507_094855.jpg

Last edited: