Looking for a little help...Arming Spektrum Dx6i with Naze32 in Cleanflight

Dezi_36

New to the hobby, but I'm stoked to get started.

I've searched and have read some other posts with sort of the problem I'm having, but not finding the answers that will help me.

I just finished building my first 250 quad (no FPV gear yet)...the FC is an Afro Naze32 and I'm using Cleanflight, the latest version has been flashed. I have my Spektrum Dx6i bound to my quad via a Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Receiver. I have the motors spinning up just fine in Cleanflight via the motors tab and the min/max values set.

In the receiver tab I can see throttle, pitch, roll and yaw activity...however in the Configure tab whenever I move those sticks I don't see the 'virtual model' of my quad rotate, pitch, etc when moving the sticks, should i? if I pick it up and move it around it does so on my screen.

Further, I cannot seem to arm or do anything to my quad via the Tx, even though it is bound. I should note that I bought the Tx off of Ebay, seems to be in great condition...do I need to erase any models that may already be programmed to the Tx?

Essentially, I feel like I'm 95% of the way there...but can't seem to get the Tx working with the quad. It would really be driving me crazy, but this SW Ohio weather at the moment would have me grounded anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help!