Looking for first plane

RoyBro

Mentor
Well look at the positive side. You sent a message to the manufacturer saying that you'll buy a legitimate product (ie the hardware) but not their products with pirated software.

Thanks for the info. I've been tempted to buy that device myself. I have a pc connected to my big screen TV and wouldn't mind having a wireless connection for my transmitter. I think armchair piloting might be more enjoyable than computer chair piloting.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Well look at the positive side. You sent a message to the manufacturer saying that you'll buy a legitimate product (ie the hardware) but not their products with pirated software.

Thanks for the info. I've been tempted to buy that device myself. I have a pc connected to my big screen TV and wouldn't mind having a wireless connection for my transmitter. I think armchair piloting might be more enjoyable than computer chair piloting.

That sounds like a sweet set up. And just so you know, the device can plug into 7 channels on an Rx. I don't think it says on Hobby King's site and it seems like less because there is only 9 pins on it. But that's because three are the typical Signal + - wires, then the other 6 are just the Signal wire.

Okay, hopefully done with the hijack. I would say "sorry", but this happens with almost every thread. lol.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
No, that one isn't. It's just the adapter(hardware) where the pirated ones they were talking about had software that was certainly pirated for the price they were asking.

kingbee

Hi tommy

last year i got a hobbyzone Firebird Stratos rtf for my bday ,and let my tell you it s one of the best beginner learning plane on the market .it really learn you how to fly .the Electronic Virtual Instructor™ technology for flight, turning and landing assistance works great. also it abit cheaper then the Apprentice.

Product Description
Key Features

Everything you need to fly RC today, and easy to assemble in minutes
Proportional 3-channel control with working throttle, rudder and elevator
Interference-free 2.4GHz radio control technology capable of 400-meter range
Electronic Virtual Instructor™ technology for flight, turning and landing assistance
Powerful twin, counter-rotating motors
Impact-resistant Z-Foam™ construction for maximum durability
Breakaway wing that can separate from the fuselage in the event of a crash
Foam rubber nose that is resilient to nose-in impacts
Removable landing gear
Long flight times on a single charge
Fast charger
This model is one of the many available for the Phoenix RC Flight Simulator

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
So I am a bit confused with all this 9 in 1 and 12 in 1 talk. Is this product pirated? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=43335

Sorry for the confusion. That hardware doesn't have anything pirated with it. I haven't searched for it, but I know that a company, I think it sells on Hobby King's site, that has Phoenix, Real Flight, and a bunch of other simulators, the software, bundled together for like, $15. We were talking about the 9 or 12 different software CDs bundled and sold together for a super cheap price. There is no way that those companies would have agreed to sell their software together for so cheap, so we're assuming that it's pirated. China is known to steal intellectual property. (However that device, the hardware, does come in a box that looks like the same box that the software, the CDs, would have come in. So I'm assuming it's the same company.)

That device is fine. I use it and it's great. I plugged my Rx into it with the supplied male to male servo leads. Plugged the device into my laptop with a USB cable. And now my computer thinks the Tx is a game controller. An added bonus is that I have a wireless connection between my Tx and the sim/computer.