Maiden Flight of my Scratch-Built Spitfire

Shug

Finally......calm, dry and not windy today so off early this morn' for the maiden flight......
It was awesome....yeah, I typed awesome.
Very smooth and stable for sure.
Thanks
Shug

Shug

It's nice to know success is possible lol. Clearly you are a MUCH more experienced pilot.
I am newly back at it after a 19 year break. Been at it a couple of months now.
I was pleased with the flight today. Seems stable and I hope to find more room to fly to open it up a bit.
Thanks...

Nice one I built one about 3 months ago after 40 years out of rc building flew like a dream only thing I changed was to carve the turtle backs out of fruit box foam regards from Oz

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Nice build and maiden flight! I really like the undercarriage/landing gears you have on it. I have the plans for the Spitfire all setup, but haven't cut foam yet.

Shug

Nice one I built one about 3 months ago after 40 years out of rc building flew like a dream only thing I changed was to carve the turtle backs out of fruit box foam regards from Oz
Fun to be back...isn't it? Good idea on the foam turtleneck.

Nice build and maiden flight! I really like the undercarriage/landing gears you have on it. I have the plans for the Spitfire all setup, but haven't cut foam yet.
Thanks. I had that landing gear laying around fro my past RC days. Rubber banded it on and put some skewers in the bolt holes. So far so good.

Last edited:

Shug

I thankee for that.
Just joined an RC Club to have a bit more open space to fly))))))

Shug

Nice video and flying. I took mine to a flying field today and ran 4 batteries through it. Whooooo Buddy....fun. Worked on some inverted flight.
Thanks feller.