• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

making multiple 1s batteries out of 3s battery for tiny whoop

Hi all,

I have tried converting a 3s 300mah battery into 3x 1s batteries for my redpaws FPV whoop . The problem I´m having is that once I connect the newly extracted 1s battery to the drone, the motors immediately start moving at full speed. The desired behaviour would be for a led to light up as it happens with all the rest 1s batteries I had purchased.

I am guessing there´s some type of protection circuit connected to the factory 1s lipo batteries. Does anyone have more information about what they are and how can i get hold of one?

Andrés.

Attachments

Problem Found! It seems it wasn´t a protection circuit but the order of the ground and positive cables. In the 1s batteries that you buy the order is in the opposite as the 1s cable connectors that I bought. I have changed polarity and it works perfectly. Does anyone know if there is any standard to this? thanks anyway!

Generally,most of small lipo battery haven't a protection circuit, especially the 1s battery, it does not even need balance plug . So what the problem you said may be due to the discharge rate