Master Series Corsair

Arcfyre

Elite member
I just watched the build video for the new Master Series Corsair, and I'm blown away. Absolutely awesome! Love this direction you guys are going in moreso than the monster builds, as I don't really have a place to fly or store something huge. I have gotten pretty good at FT style foam builds so a newer, more challenging generation of designs is exactly what I've been wishing for. Well done FT, way to raise the bar!

Dante

John Overstreet (trieditathomeofficial) has hinted on his instagram about what planes could be made with FT
  • F-14 Tomcat (with folding wings!)
  • F-15 Eagle
  • F-16 Hornet
  • lots of different chuck gliders (not master series obviously)
  • P-38 Lightning
  • P-51 Mustang
  • possible B-25 Mitchell
  • power pack H micro A-10 Warthog (actually using ducts!) (standard building styles not master)
  • A-6 intruder
  • possibly some gullwing seaplane/flying boat
  • Possible 50s-60s style twin edf (he calls it Chubs)
  • another cold war jet called the "catfish"

Last edited:

Dante

Yes. They recommend one of their new C radials but say that an old one will still work. Most of John's other propeller driven designs appear to be a c pack (mustang, lightning, seaplane) and all the jets are probably 64mm or 70mm edfs (just guessing?)

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
I'm interested in adding retracts and a 3 bladed prop to this on the Power Pack C motor. Any of you doing research in that area? This would be my first set of retracts so I'm a newbie on this front.

Spacefarer

I've only made one retract prototype and it never flew, but the main things I found was that you need a fairly large lever arm for it to work and you need some way of locking the gear when they are extended/retracted fully. I just used a single servo hooked up to two little latches, and another with a wire linkage to actually raise the gear. The linkage was to a large servo horn on the axis of the landing gear.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I just watched the build video for the new Master Series Corsair, and I'm blown away. Absolutely awesome! Love this direction you guys are going in moreso than the monster builds, as I don't really have a place to fly or store something huge. I have gotten pretty good at FT style foam builds so a newer, more challenging generation of designs is exactly what I've been wishing for. Well done FT, way to raise the bar!

Yep - its a pretty incredible looking build - the way of the future I think.

mayan

Legendary member
Wow amazing build video. Just watched it. Too bad I don't have room for one this size :(.

DrkRaven

My two most favorite US World War II Aircraft were the Douglas SBD Dauntless And the F4U Corsair.. I look forward to Josh finally putting up the plans to the Corsair, but I'm sure it's gonna be a little while while they hope all the people who just can't wait, buy the speed build Kit.. I have to admit, this is my most favorite Flite Test Build so far! So kudos to John Overstreet and the guys at Flitetest... Boy wouldn't it be cool if they released the SBD Dauntless including it's working iconic five piece dive flap?

Screenshot_20190302-132004_Google.jpg

Last edited: