HELP! Flite Test Master Series Corsair Retracts Wanted

AeroPointIndustries

Hey everyone! I'm currently working on a FT Master Series Corsair, and I'm debating on(leaning towards wanting to) add some retracts onto it, since it's a plane I plan on having for as long as possible, and is one of my favorite planes. I'm a teenager, so I'm trying not to spend a ton of money on these retracts, so that also poses a small issue. So I've been looking for retracts for quite some time, but all the ones I find that could be the right size are either discontinued or super expensive(like $250). I was wanting to 3D model some retracts for this, but the whole 90 degree twisting motion makes that incredibly difficult. Does anyone know of any retracts that could fit the master series corsair? I'm just having a really hard time finding some. Thanks!

(This is an older photo. I've done the maiden already and am moving onto paint)

20221227_230343.jpg

Shurik-1960

Dear modeler

AeroPointIndustries

! You are not making a copy, but a similar model! Why complicate the life of yourself and the life of the model. The retracts you want weigh much more than regular retracts. The wings will have to be reinforced - that's all. Get used to maintaining the model's weight culture. Do you do it efficiently, and the weight of the model? Maybe it's better to assemble and fly around, and then paint or cover with colored tape. After flying around the model , you will understand : you need to add retracts or better without them .

skymaster

Elite member
Hey everyone! I'm currently working on a FT Master Series Corsair, and I'm debating on(leaning towards wanting to) add some retracts onto it, since it's a plane I plan on having for as long as possible, and is one of my favorite planes. I'm a teenager, so I'm trying not to spend a ton of money on these retracts, so that also poses a small issue. So I've been looking for retracts for quite some time, but all the ones I find that could be the right size are either discontinued or super expensive(like $250). I was wanting to 3D model some retracts for this, but the whole 90 degree twisting motion makes that incredibly difficult. Does anyone know of any retracts that could fit the master series corsair? I'm just having a really hard time finding some. Thanks!

View attachment 238829
I got the perfect one"s for you. i got this a long time ago some were else but i found them here. kind of expensive

AeroPointIndustries

Crazed Scout Pilot

Currently i'm working on an FT p-40 with the skins from Rasterize. My printer didn't really print that well but it still looks all right. I had some extra retracts from a beat up e-flite Spitfire so I thought i should try those out. The dihedral on the wing is so small that they did not fit entirely in the wing but they still look good. Also they got a bit bent out of shape in the many crashes that that airplane went through. I just have to finish puting the servos in to the wing and tail and some other nic nac stuff and then its time for the maiden.
IMG_8387.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8389.JPG

AeroPointIndustries

Currently i'm working on an FT p-40 with the skins from Rasterize. My printer didn't really print that well but it still looks all right. I had some extra retracts from a beat up e-flite Spitfire so I thought i should try those out. The dihedral on the wing is so small that they did not fit entirely in the wing but they still look good. Also they got a bit bent out of shape in the many crashes that that airplane went through. I just have to finish puting the servos in to the wing and tail and some other nic nac stuff and then its time for the maiden.
View attachment 238965
View attachment 238966
View attachment 238967
Nice! Looks great!

Burnhard

View attachment 238829
Not sure whether I am missing something here but if you google for 90 degree rotating retracts, you should get ample of results and the 250 will be certainly sufficient. I have these on my P40 and paid around 60 bucks for both.

Cnat

View attachment 238829
Any chance you have a 3D printer? I just printed some for my master series Mustang.

Cnat

View attachment 238965
View attachment 238966
View attachment 238967
Hold up. Did you literally just print that out on paper and glue it on?