Help! Master series design help thread

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well you have access to Inventor, and you can unwrap skins right in the application! I wish they wouldn't make such great software windows only! I guess I'll have to resort to my questionably legal method..

I can't wait to see what you're working on now, the P-47 and FW-190 were such beauties!
Be sure to check out the other videos in the MS P-40 thread. They contain lots of useful information.
Is inventor free??

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
yeah I'm just having issues with the curved foam being too long when it wraps around the former

Yes, that happens a lot with the tail section, you'll notice it on quite a few of the early FT master series designs too. I think the best solution is to just shave off a bit of the edges from the skins.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
also probably excessive because I've been using 0.2 inches for foamboard :rolleyes:

Yes, extra thickness will do that. Maybe that's why it's been happening to me, as I use 5mm. 3/16 in. is the exact amount, but I find 5mm much easier for simplicity's sake. I haven't had problems with the majority of parts.

noso

Help wanted.
I started trying to design master series style airplanes.. lots of ideas..
But what program is best for that? I use fusion 360 but still a nooby in that and I get stuck at the unfolding to template.
I get the advise to work in sheetmetal but havent gotten there yet.
help is apreciated
Noël