MATCH BATTERY AND ELECTRONICS HELP!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
The motors in the photo do not have a prop adaptor. They are for airplanes, not multirotors and use rubber O rings to attach the rotor to the motor.

This works fine for planes because with a plane the motor/rotor is only for thrust. The frame itself contains the flight surfaces used to control the craft.

With a multi-rotor, the rotors are more than just thrust. The rotors ARE your flight control surfaces.

Rubber O rings flex and give in flight. This is not a good thing on a multirotor and may yield poor performance. You can use them, but you will be limited by them.

You want a motor that uses a prop adapter so you may bolt the prop to the motor so it won't slip in flight. Collet adaptors are ok but IMO tend to fail more often and require more maintenance than an adaptor that allows you to bolt the prop to the motor with a nylock.

Are you running 4 motors coaxially or just 2 motors and do I understand correctly that the frame by itself with no electronics weighs 2lbs (907 grams)?

If you build this to use two motors to lift the massive copter you will end up with, you are gonna need way bigger motors and way longer rotors and WAY more budget.

Last edited:

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
If you build this to use two motors to lift the massive copter you will end up with, you are gonna need way bigger motors and way longer rotors and WAY more budget.
Especially if you're planning on 2 3S 5500 batteries. That will probably be close to doubling your all up weight.

Phoenix Defender Group

Unmanned System Developer
so if my frame was 2 pounds with no electronics what electronics do you reccomend if i am using two motors for a bicopter configuration (just saying i am using a kk2 board)