Mini Motor Stick

Tonero311

So following on from HLG RC Glider I built a while ago, thread can be found here https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/hlg-rc-glider.62577/ , I'm planning on rebuilding the 900mm wingspan one again with a 2204 2300kv motor. The release of the Zohd Drift really give a bit of inspiration here too. Looking forward to an XL version coming out.
I recently got a Zohd Kopilot Lite for another A-10 project I'm working on, but found out can't do differential thrust with it and being unable to leave a new toy alone, it's getting thrown in this one for testing.
This model will be focused on having the battery as ballast right on the CG if possible. Any 3s battery up to a max of 45x40x110mm is planned for batt bay. Potential of upto 2200mah, though smallest I currently have is a 850mah. I'm considering having slots cut in the wing for the battery strap to pass through as well though I don't think that will be necessary really.
The tie downs will be along the fuselage rather than across it (inspired by Ed at Eperimental Airlines design) and supported in their own plate with slots cut for the elastic tie downs and battery strap to pass through. This will be over the top of the carbon fibre tail boom as well giving even more support.
In the first build of this model I found on crashes the wing popped off cleanly and seemed to lessen damage or take energy out of it at least. The same model is in perfect condition after numerous crashes ranging in severity.
The wings will stay the same Experimental Airlines Armin Wing design with 6-7° of dihedral I built before scavenged from the old model, no need to fix something that isn't broken. I do have the idea to use a carbon fibre tube in the leading edge as well as the ones in the wing spar next time. Just to get perfect leading edge and add a little more rigidity and strength.
Tail will be mostly exact same as before mentioned model. It worked perfectly and still is, I'm just going to increase the tail boom to 6mm rather than 5mm tube. Give it a little bit more rigidity. Maybe try to find smaller tube for the push rod guides too and save weight here.
I will be posting plans and updates as I go along with this model. Any input or suggestions welcome.