Mini Skywalker 840 Build (New to RC planes)

joshparkerni

I have no clue what parts I should buy and what equipment I will need to build up a mini skywalker 840. Can someone please direct me to what parts I will need to fulfill this.

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
Hi!

Hobbyking provides a 'recommended electronics' section underneath the product itself.

For your motor, speed controller, and servos, they recommend the following:

Hextronic 6.2- gram servo (x4)

Hextronic 24 grams brushless motor (x1)

Turnigy plush 12A speed controller (x1)

The total cost for these electronics should be around $29.00 (USD) You can find all of the electronics listed above in the 'Combine related items and SAVE' section on the product page you linked.

If you do not have your own transmitter, receiver, and/or battery you will need that as well.

joshparkerni

Hi!

Hobbyking provides a 'recommended electronics' section underneath the product itself.

For your motor, speed controller, and servos, they recommend the following:

Hextronic 6.2- gram servo (x4)

Hextronic 24 grams brushless motor (x1)

Turnigy plush 12A speed controller (x1)

The total cost for these electronics should be around $29.00 (USD) You can find all of the electronics listed above in the 'Combine related items and SAVE' section on the product page you linked.

If you do not have your own transmitter, receiver, and/or battery you will need that as well.
Thanks for the info I know there is a recommended build but I was wondering if the parts they recommend are of high enough quality? I also do not have my own transmitter, receiver and battery.

HawkMan

Hobbykings reccomended will usually work, but can in some cases be under powered. like on my FW190(before they started selling it only as a PNF kit and not a ARF), in my case it's so under powered t's hard to get it to fly at all as it requires a lot of speed and the motor/prop don't provide it.

For this one the reccomended will probably work as it doesn't need to be very fast to start with and this design should have fairly good lift anyway.

joshparkerni

Hobbykings reccomended will usually work, but can in some cases be under powered. like on my FW190(before they started selling it only as a PNF kit and not a ARF), in my case it's so under powered t's hard to get it to fly at all as it requires a lot of speed and the motor/prop don't provide it.

For this one the reccomended will probably work as it doesn't need to be very fast to start with and this design should have fairly good lift anyway.

Thanks! What controller would you recommend? Should I go with the cheapo 4CH one or get a 9CH instead?

HawkMan

Depends, if you plan on sticking to this hobby and you can't afford a good Tx like a Taranis right away, I suggest going with a cheap 4 or 6 channel one depending on what you plan on doing.

you can go super cheap with the orange Tx's or you can use a little bit more to get a tx that can take a FrSky(or DMSX or whatever you decide to go with) module that way all your stuff is already equipped with FrSky receivers when you decide to upgrade to a fully programmable Tx.

joshparkerni

Depends, if you plan on sticking to this hobby and you can't afford a good Tx like a Taranis right away, I suggest going with a cheap 4 or 6 channel one depending on what you plan on doing.

you can go super cheap with the orange Tx's or you can use a little bit more to get a tx that can take a FrSky(or DMSX or whatever you decide to go with) module that way all your stuff is already equipped with FrSky receivers when you decide to upgrade to a fully programmable Tx.

Thanks I think I will go a with at least a 6CH so I can add pan and tilt for an FPV system later on!